Ice Cream maker

falconhell2002, Dec 21, 6:49am
Santa has brought our 2 kids an ice cream maker for Christmas.Silly me wrapped it and forgot to look and see what we need to make something in it.It makes ice cream, frozen yoghurt and sorbet.Does anyone have a recipe for something kiddies will like!TIA

debudder, Dec 21, 9:36am
We sell them at work, I had a look at recipies, from memory you will need egg yolks, vanilla beans/ strawberries/ nuts or what other flavour, milk and cream, not sure what else will try to remember to have another look tomorrow

coalisland, Dec 21, 9:43am
A really simple recipe that we use is 1 tin condensed milk, 1 250ml cream, 1 cup milk and a tsp vanilla essence. We put it in kitchen whizz to mix up and then put it into the machine. My son loves making it into rocky road by adding crushed oreos and mini marshmallows. You can eat it straight from the machine which makes it like soft freeze ice cream, or stick it into the freezer for a bit.

ruby19, Dec 21, 6:20pm
Just a question are the cheaper brands worth buying! Just want a gift for my 14 yr old son, so don't want to go out and buy the kitchenaide one.

falconhell2002, Dec 21, 6:28pm
Thank you coalisland that will do it, the kids will love adding bickies and marshmellows to it.

jcsolgier, Dec 21, 6:40pm
The basic ingredients for ours was milk, cream, sugar plus any flavourings you might like to try - chocolate, vanilla, mint etc

krazy_kat, Dec 21, 9:11pm
I bought a cheap $20 job from the Warehouse about 4 years ago and its still going.No issue with it, just have to remember to put it in the freezer the night before I make ice cream!

chatsmom, Dec 21, 10:47pm
That's the hardest bit - I can't think that far in advance sometimes!

lindylambchops1, Dec 21, 11:27pm
I keep my freezer part always in the freezer when not in use!

krazy_kat, Dec 22, 2:46am
That would be the smart thing to do!

lodgelocum, Dec 22, 5:13am
Has a recipe book in the box.They will enjoy the chocolate ice-cream, I use Nutella to make it, even the adults love it.

orion2, Dec 22, 10:41am
We have a ice cream maker its a Sunbeam one, we ahve made strawberry using either tinned strawberries (drained) or fresh ones.Have also used chocolate milkshake mix (the liquard one), have also amde goodie goodie gumdrop using small jellies and a drop of food colouring.the latest one we ahve made is cookies and cream, we crushed up oreos and added them yummy. Experiment it is fun.

dna187, Dec 22, 7:10pm
hi i made a batch of icecream last night with crunchie pieces.
Does anyone know what i can use to make a intense rich coffee icecream.I love coffee icecream. Would you use instant coffee powder. Im not sure you can get coffee essence. thanks.

agave1, Dec 22, 8:59pm
1 cup whole milk, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 cups heavy cream, 2 t vanilla essence.Whisk milk and sugar together, stir in cream and vanilla.Pour into icecream machine.We used to make the fancy ones but actually this one is all we make now, 8 year old son loves it, sometimes we add mashed feijoa, etc but that's it.

very_hotpants, Dec 22, 11:01pm
If you know the brand google it and see if teh manufacturer as the manual online.

lindylambchops1, Dec 22, 11:05pm
Wish my ice cream maker wasn't in a box in the garage.we moved house in September & have been renting since.Hope to start building in the new year.I have no idea which box it is in.Don't want to unpack the boxes.It is amazing what you can do without, improvisation is a great thing, but I can't wait to have a fully equipped kitchen again.
Happy ice cream eating!