Christmas Breakfast! Ideas pretty please!

sandy501, Dec 20, 11:47am
With mostly adult children, we had not had to do a breakfast for some time - each goes to their partners homes etc., but this year is the last in our big home.And now I have people for Chrissy Brekkie, I would appreciate hearing ideas or what you are serving!

seniorbones, Dec 20, 2:02pm
if its nice do a bbq of bacon or ham, eggs, saussies (nice home-made style) tomatoes, hashbrowns, mushrooms, pancakes,crayfish with lime butter,prawns,use 'designer' bread instead of the presliced plastic bagged, asparagus on the bbq cooked in the bacon fat for 2-3 mins, nice sauces like holandaise (sp) tomatoe, my favourite is the tuimatoe its beautiful and I'm not a tom sauce fan but buy this for me! Champagne with strawberries, a nice fresh fruit platter too goes well after a full on cooked breakfast especially if your having a late christmas dinner. when there is just the two of us, which is every 2nd year, we always have eggs benedict, we have chooks so the eggs are so yummy, and a glass of champagne with a strawberry in the glass. Enjoy and have a lovely family christmas.

chatsmom, Dec 20, 8:36pm
We have croissants filled with ham & cheese with a fresh fruit salad/platter and champagne cocktails - yum and very easy to do.

tjman, Dec 20, 11:37pm
We have scrambles egg with smoked salmon tossed through on whatever you like.This year I'm making my own bread. But nice on ciabatta.With fresh fruits and champange cocktail

elliehen, Dec 21, 12:22am
Pancakes with fresh raspberries and whipped cream - simple plain fare, considering what lies ahead over the next few days.

rarogal, Dec 21, 2:03am
We're having the Kiwi Breakfast ingredients (bacon, egg, tomatoes, avos, hash browns etc) and Im arranging into stacks, with a kebab stick through the lot, just for the sake of a nice presentation! Then we have our big meal about 3-4pm. We only ever do 2 meals on Xmas Day!

buzzy110, Dec 21, 2:58am
I quite like my Xmas b/fast to be something light but delicious. A salad made using lettuce, smoked salmon, boiled eggs, cucumber, tomatoes, chopped dill, fermented carrots or plain carrot sticks with toasted sesame seeds and vinaigrette is my favourite.

marcs, Dec 21, 4:36am
We are having crepes, french toast, bacon, warm fruit, nice coffee or bubbles, fresh fruit.

lynja, Dec 21, 5:01am
Fruit salad and croissants. Easy and not too filling as the rest of the day is full of nibbles and large lunch.

tailz, Dec 21, 6:26am
ok i am coming for breakfast at everyones house lol.i will probably do biscuits (scones) with home made strawberry jam and cream cheese or lemon curd and coffee and keep it light for later.

liamjosh, Dec 21, 6:45am
We have either crossiants with ham, camebert and tomatoes or eggs benedict with ham or salmon on muffins or pancakes with bacon, maple syrup and home made fruit salad.All are served with wine spritzer with orange juice.Delectable way to start off christmas morning and keeps us going til about 1 or 2 for lunch as everyone always seems to be late.

lizab, Dec 21, 8:03am
one year I told the kids they could have ice cream for breakfast! They chose which flavours they wanted and that was that! It was a real special treat and didn't bother me in the slightest!After they've eaten they're 'stocking' chocs/lollies, they're not really wanting anything 'proper' till lunchtime (like me!), so don't ever want a 'proper' breakfast as such (although we do always have croissants, butter and jam and chocolate croissants too). So this year we're planning our main Christmas meal will be ready to eat at 1pm - very unusual for this household, but hey ho :) We'll see what happens (probably no proper meal till around 3pm - but it's Christmas :))

tania007, Dec 21, 8:20am
Usually we do the kiwi bacon and eggs etc breakkie, this year, we are doing waffles with whipped cream maple syrup and fresh berries, and there was also be a fresh fruit platter with ham, cheese and tomato croisants .

leebee35, Dec 21, 8:43am
While Mum is busy getting the traditional roast. turkey, lamb and ham etc.

Dad would be so delighted that I was at home -So Dad and I would cook up whitebait!My favourite seafood. ( I'm sure Mum would be mad as we ate so much. we werent that hungry for Xmas lucnh.)hehe

sandy501, Dec 21, 12:06pm
Oh my goodness - thanks so much, haven't had to do a brekkie in ages.Like tailz I want to come to all your houses for Chrissie Brekkie :)Buzzy110 what are fermented carrots!

daleaway, Dec 21, 11:25pm
I was invited out to a posh Christmas breakfast once and our hostess had bowls of extra-good muesli, with fresh raspberries and Greek yoghurt and cream. That was divine.
Followed by mixed breads and croissants and an array of fillings. Who could ask for more!

buzzy110, Dec 22, 2:47am
It is a way I preserve my carrots . The process is similar to sauerkraut only I use a whey starter. The finished product has infused flavours of whatever spices or fresh herbs I add to the fermenting liquid but they are still crisp and crunchy, just like fresh. They rate among one of my most favourite salad vegetables. Plus, of course they are very easy to serve - no prep or anything.

herself, Dec 22, 2:54am
Nice and easy this year, croissants with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, camembert and a drizzle of mayo/chutney/dressing (whatever you like) along with bubbles and orange juice and/orcoffee or tea.