Fresh picked beans.

shedz2, Dec 20, 6:21am
Have just picked some lovely dwarf beans that I want to serve on Christmas Day. Wondering the best way to keep them fresh. Should I blanch them and freeze them or vacuum pack and put in the fridge or something else!
Your suggestions please!
Thanks so much :)

gardie, Dec 20, 6:38am
Just wash them and pop them in a plastic bag in the vegetable crisper.I did some the weekend before last and cooked them yesterday - they were fabulous.Now I'm saving what I'm picking for Christmas Day - I just pop each new lot into the bag.(First day in years, I've actually managed to have them ready for Christmas).

kuaka, Dec 20, 7:15am
I'm envious!I have "one" runner bean (yes, just one) ready to harvest.The rest are just microscopic things at the moment.

chooky, Dec 20, 7:54am
We have had about 4 good feeds from my beans. The rain really helped the vege garden start again.

fisher, Dec 20, 8:00am
I have a freezer full of yellow and green beans at the moment and sis wants some for the family Xmas dinner. buggas have stopped producing in big quantities at the moment. so hoping to leave them now till 24th.,,pick. see what I have got and add frozen ones .oh well.teach me to open my big mouth.

beaker59, Dec 20, 9:06pm
I stagger the planting of my dwarfs to get a steady supply and have had some nice ones though unfortunately about the time my sister died I stopped planting for a little while so guess where that gap falls OH well have a glut of salad greens so guess we are having salads instead.

The rain really did kickstart the garden my tomatoes have turned triffid on me :)