Quick and easy Christmas snacks/finger food!

chynna2, Dec 18, 9:05pm
I can't see if this has already been done, if so could someone please put a link to the thread.

Failing that, what are quick and easy snacks/finger food to serve to guests whilst they have a drink before eating the main meal!(In the past we've had cheesy garlic bread, and/or shrimp cocktails as we have to cater for kids from 12 years and up, but looking for something different this year!)

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 19, 2:59am
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/collections/christmas+last+minute+cheats

There is a great christmas section on taste.com.au have a browse :)

fec2003, Dec 19, 4:07am
I have only recently joined the forum, so don't know whether these ideas have been added.

Take ready rolled sheets of puff pastry. There are two toppings I've tried and both are really quick and easy.

Spread with a thin layer of vegemite/marmite, then scatter with tasty cheese. Roll up like a swiss roll. Slice into approx 14 pieces. Spread well on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, untill puffed up and browned.

The other recipe is using cream cheese. Spread a thin layer over the pastry. Sprinkle with dill tips. Lay finely shredded smoked salmon on top. Roll as before and bake until puffed up and golden - approx 20 mins.

Good luck!

nauru, Dec 19, 4:12am
I've made mini quiches and sausage rolls. Also toasted some lebanese bread cut into triangles to have with pate and dips.

chynna2, Dec 19, 6:56am
Thanks for the yummy ideas, everyone.Will also take a look at the threads mentioned (I never thought to look up finger food - silly me DUH!).