Trifle recipes please

bunny36, Dec 18, 11:46am
I really want to make a trifle this year and want some ideas please help

gardie, Dec 18, 5:00pm
Do a search on the left over there and change the date posted to last year.There have been a few threads relatively recently on just this topic!

mellish, Dec 18, 6:04pm

purplegoanna, Dec 18, 7:31pm
i made a berry one this year, layers of fresh diced strawberrys, tinned boysonberrys and blackberries (drained) with layers of sponge (with jam spread on one side before cutting into squares), whipped chantilly cream and custard, was a hit once again.(we had a early xmas this weekend so all the family could be there)

my_savannah, Dec 18, 8:12pm
I love to finish my trifle,( sponge,sherry,fruit, jelly then Bird's custard from the english department made with cream/milk, ) topped off with a sprinkling of dessicated or whatever coconut! yum

elliehen, Dec 18, 8:29pm
Not exactly a trifle, but if you listen to National Radio's ninetonoon with Kathryn Ryan at 11.30 this morning, you'll hear Ruth Pretty describe this dessert.

11:30 Guest chef Ruth Pretty

Amaretto and Sweet Cherry Tiramisu

ams7, Dec 19, 7:41am
This is really good.I cheat and use frozen fruit and just raspberry jam.

BERRY TRIFFLE (serves 8-10)

1 ½ Cups Jam, 2/3 Cup Fresh Orange Juice, 2 ½ Cups Cream, 250g Mascarpone, ¼ Cup Icing Sugar, 1 tsp Vanilla Essence, ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon, 250g Savoiardi Biscuits, 1 ½ Cups Masala, 400g Fresh Raspberries, 250g Large fresh Strawberries, 400g Fresh Blueberries

Melt jam in a small saucepan over medium heat.Remove from heat, stir in orange juice and set aside until the mixture reaches room temperature.Put the cream, mascarpone, icing sugar, vanilla essence and cinnamon in a bowl and beat until soft peaks form.Cut each biscuit in half crossways and dip each piece in the Masala.Arrange half over the base of a 3.25 Litre serving bowl.Sprinkle 1/3 of the combined berries over the biscuits and drizzle with half the remaining Marsala and 1/3 of the redcurrant sauce.Spoon half the cream mixture over the sauce.Repeat layering with the remaining half of the dipped biscuits and Marsala, 1/3 of the berries and sauce, and the remaining cream.Arrange the remaining berries over the cream in a mound in the centre of the bowl.Reserve the final 1/3 of the redcurrant sauce, cover and refrigerate.Cover the trifle with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.Before serving, pour the reserved redcurrant sauce over the berries to glaze.Gently reheat if too thick.