Plz help.the dough is kneading in the breadmaker

jojustchillin, Dec 18, 1:57am
so when its done do i take it out to leave to risealso do i take the little agitater out when i cook it in thebreadmaker!

245sam, Dec 18, 2:07am
jojustchillin, I don't have a Cascade breadmaker - ours is a Panasonic but my understanding is that all breadmakers function basically the same.

I am assuming that you intend to bake the bread in the breadmaker! Some people prefer to just mix and knead the bread in the breadmaker, then manually shape the bread and bake it the oven.If you intend to bake the bread in the breadmaker I advise you to just close the lid and leave the breadmaker to do its job - IMO there should be no need for you to do anything other than that.Breadmakers are normally programmed to do the mixing, kneading, rising and baking without any further involvement unless adding items such as fruit, etc. and normally the "agitater" is not removed although it does leave a hole in the finished loaf BUT it should only be removed when it has finished all the mixing and kneading of the bread.

Hope that helps.:-))

fec2003, Dec 18, 2:21am
If you have selected the programme needed, the breadmaker will just do the job for you! If you have the instruction book, make a cuppa and sit and read it. If you don't, look online and see whether you can download one. Mostly - relax and enjoy the anticipation! You'll soon be a dab hand at bread-baking! One tip - if it's a cold day, the yeast may not work as efficiently, so if possible, move the whole unit to a warmer place - I put mine by the oven, which I put on full for 20 mins, then turn off and leave open just a crack, so the heat comes out slowly, raising the ambient temperature right where it's needed.

raewyn64, Dec 18, 2:28am
The cascade breadmaker will just do everything for you from start to finish. the display will show you how long it is going to take - usually about 4 hours or a little less.When it has finished it will beep to tell you - don't confuse that with the beeps at about 12 minutes into the mixing - that is to let you know you can add nuts or seeds or anything like that if you want to. the one at the end will beep to let you know it is finished (and your nose will tell you that you have fresh bread). If you don't take it out straight away the breadmaker will beep at regular intervals to remind you. The sooner you can get it out the better as after a while it can start to sweat in there - but that is after about an hour or so. use some oven mits, lift the chamber out - it will need a good tug and then tip it upside down on a rack. The bread might need a bit of a shake to come out of the chamber and the kneeding blade will usually come out in the bread - don't worry if it does. Tip the loaf right way up and if you can control yourself let it cool down and there you have it :)

raewyn64, Dec 18, 2:31am
Oops sorry i just had a look at my machine and it is a Breville not a Cascade - but I am sure the cascade will work on the same process :)