Tarte Tatin Pastry Recipe For Moreorless

elliehen, Mar 14, 1:18am
Bumping for olishea who is looking for a recipe:)

cookessentials, Dec 17, 7:19pm
Mum gave me this recipe and I love using it for the tarte tatin. It is rich and buttery. I serve my tarte tatin with a little vanilla bean ice-cream.

225g plain flour
170g chilled butter,diced
1tbsp caster sugar
1 egg yolk
3-4 tbsp iced water ( I just put the water in a small jug with ice cubes to make it really icy)

Sift flour.Whizz in food processor,add butter and pulse until like breadcrumbs. Pulse in sugar. Combine egg yolk and iced water. ( I actually popped them in the whizz too and it turned out fine. Turn out and knead lightly. Wrap in cling film and chill 30 mins. Roll out larger than the dish to allow for tucking in.

cookessentials, Dec 18, 1:35am
Just thought I would bump this up for you moreorless as the tarte tatin thread has taken on a life of it's own LOL.

moreorless, Dec 18, 10:25pm
Thank you so much, looks fabulous, cant wait to try it. I appreciate you sharing your recipes and knowledge for the less experienced cooks like myself so thanks :-)

cookessentials, Dec 19, 1:28am
Never a problem, I hope you enjoy it. Wishing youa Merry Christmas.

moreorless, Dec 19, 2:04am
Thanks, wishing you a Merry Christmas also.

pickles7, Mar 12, 2:42pm
I only use a good puff pastry, I serve a first class "Tarte Tatin " no other pastry will do.

elliehen, Mar 13, 1:40am
Surprise!I am exactly one year older two posts down.How time flies!

Edited to add: .when you're having fun ;)

elliehen, Mar 13, 2:29am
One year on OP is challenged to - A Pastry War!

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=QSUu_wVhAKE

elliehen, Mar 13, 11:28am
Short crust, Puff crust!
It doesn't really matter.
Pâte Brisée or Pâte Sucrée!
It's more or less a batter.

cookessentials, Mar 14, 10:54pm
And do you know, elliehen, you dont just have to use apples either! I have made it with oears and apricots as well.

elliehen, Mar 15, 1:51am
cookessentials is the winner of the Best Fluffy Tail contest - for thinking outside the cooking square ;)

cookessentials, Mar 15, 1:57am
Why, thank you! Except, I have no idea what oears are supposed to be LOl. That SHOULD read pears.

elliehen, Mar 15, 2:03am
I wouldn't risk correcting anybody's typo.Skitt's Law, number 4 on a list of ten internet laws, states:

4. Skitt’s Law
Expressed as "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6408927/Internet-rules-and-laws-the-top-10-from-Godwin-to-Poe.html

katalin2, Mar 15, 2:15am
I have made it with plums using the Masterchef recipe someone from here recommended- that calls for puff pastry but I have also made it with my home made short pastry- both were pretty good. We have 4 golden queen peaches as our first crop on our little tree- I am eyeing them and thinking they might be the next trial. I am also fantasising about doing a savoury one using our surplus tomatoes and maybe cheese with just a sprinkling of sugar and some fresh basil!

elliehen, Mar 15, 2:20am
Turn it from fantasy to reality.One of the BBC chefs has done a similar thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/tomato_and_basil_tarte_33340

In fact if you put "savoury tarte tatin" into Google you'll get a lot of savoury ideas.Delia Smith does a red onion one.

cookessentials, Mar 15, 2:31am
Oh yes and a leek tarte tatin.

katalin2, Mar 15, 5:05am
thanks for that link elliehen- will try it. I didn't realise other people had thought it was a good idea too- I am going to make it over Easter when the family come over.

elliehen, Mar 15, 5:47am
katalin2, your mention of your first four Golden Queen peaches sent me out to inspect my first crop of three Persimmons - still green and growing of course.The tree did sport two last year but they dropped off while small, so I watered more this droughty summer.

katalin2, Mar 15, 6:21am
It is exciting getting first crops of young trees. You are so lucky being able to grow persimmons ellihen. I have been nurturing a self sown old fashioned white nectarine- it had 5 little ones on but they also dropped off. I also have several black boy peach treelings grown from seed- I am hoping at least one of them will fruit next year.

uli, Dec 21, 8:01am
Happy now ellie!