A recipe for excellent deep fry batter

tomz, Feb 2, 5:05am
I suspect this question has been asked many times. but I am a recently widowed male and still a bit of a novice cook. Dont like those recipies that turn out a bit like a leather coating when you remove the food from the cooker.

rainrain1, Feb 2, 5:18am
Just a mixture of flour and water makes a nice crispy batter

lillybing, Feb 2, 8:28am
we commercial fisherman so cook fish every week i have found the best crispybatter is, flour fish in cornflour then dip in egg whites! try it! the cornflour makes a bit of a mess though.

male_timaru, Feb 2, 11:34am
Go to Binn Inn and buy pre-made Tempura batter mix - it's awesome

add water and mix! ! !

pickles7, Feb 3, 1:15am
1/2 cup of flour and enough beer to make it nice and creamy... . try that for starters... . It would depend on how much fish etc. you are cooking as to the 1/2 cup of flour... You could fry a banana for laterto eat with ice cream, choc sauce, splash o brandy, throw a little chopped chili at it

pericles, Feb 3, 1:17am
Beer Batter Recipe
Before you start, drink one beer to check for quality. Good, isn’t it? Now go ahead.

Ingredients

1 case beer
1 cups flour
2 large eggs
1 onion
salt and pepper
fish
deep fryer
oil

Method

Get a shallow bowl, fork, salt, pepper, etc. Drink another beer. It must be just right. To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat.

With fork, mix flour in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of satl and imx again. Meanwhile, make sure that the beer is of the finest quality– drink another one. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 pinchers of epperp and mix till high. If yeg golk gets stuck in fork, just scrape it loose with a drewscriver. Drink another beer, checking for tonscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn’t matter which). Drink antoher reeb. Sift 1/2. Fold in chopped oninions and one babblespoon of bree, or whatever liquid you can find if you don’t want to waste beer. Wix mell. Have another beeber.

Pour oil in turn and fry deep fater to higher. Dump ifsh into miexd tabber. Now dropped fillettettes into feep dat rfyer and kooc. Drink the rest of the beer, plug unfry ther and bo to ged.

vtired, Jul 27, 6:43am
I use a beer batter 1/2 cup plain flour, 1/4 tsp salt add vcold beer and mix to the consistency you want, keep batter cold as it crisps up better. Make sure fish is floured lightly before you put it in the batter.