Truffles, recipes please

lililambchops, Dec 14, 7:20pm
Want to make some for gifts, thanks.

245sam, Dec 14, 7:51pm
lililambchops, to be spoilt for a choice of truffle recipes try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using Truffles as the Keyword and Last year as the Date posted option - you'll find there are lots of recipes for you to choose from.:-))

elliehen, Dec 14, 8:44pm
I'll give you my favourite, given to me the Natasja in the name.It's lighter and a good contrast to the fruity truffles.

NATASJA'S PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

Combine:
1 cup extra-chunky peanut butter
1 cup rice bubbles
1 cup sifted icing sugar
3 Tablespoons soft butter

Mix very well and roll into small balls.Put into fridge to chill for several hours.

Melt 375gm chocolate melts (instead I use 1 large block Whittaker's Dark Ghana 72% cocoa solids, to offset the sweetness)

Bring water to boil in saucepan, take off heat, fit bowl with broken chocolate on top, but don't let the bowl touch the water. Stir till melted - about 4 minutes.

Dip chilled balls in chocolate and put on baking paper. Chill in fridge, and keep stored there.

Notes:
+ I used a jar of Pic's salted peanut butter.
+ Natasja said she sometimes adds extra chopped roasted peanuts, though I haven't.
+ Always use good quality chocolate, not compound stuff (a friend used cheap melts and ended up with a lumpy finish).
+ I used two table forks to dip the balls in the chocolate but I think there is a gadget that probably makes a neater job.

goldgurl, Dec 14, 8:58pm
have made the most easiest ones last night for the kids teachers.recipe is doing it's rounds on the parenting mb :)

1 pkt Toffee Pops - blitz in procesor
add 1/2 tub of creamcheese. blitz till combined.
Roll into small balls.
Freeze.
Dip in chocolate. (i used cadbury dairy milk lol)

aof, Dec 18, 3:05am
Marshmallow Truffles
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pkt wine biscuits- crushed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cocoa
100 g butter
1 pkt marshmallows
vanilla essence
coconut

Melt condensed milk, brown sugar, cocoa, butter & vanilla, but do not boil.
Crush biscuits and add to all ingredients except marshmallows. Roll mixture around a marshmallow. Roll in coconut and refrigerate.
Wet hands during rolling process.

chooky, Dec 18, 3:16am
HI CAN THESE BE FROZEN> THANKS

theanimal1, Dec 18, 3:23am
GINGERNUT TRUFFLES

90 g butter

2 tblsp golden syrup

three quarters can condensed milk

1 pkt gingernuts

1 cup coconut

half cup sultanas

quarter cup cherries (red and green) cut into tiny pieces

extra coconut for rolling

Pop gingernuts into kitchen wizz until fine crumbs.

Pour crumbs into a bowl and add all other ingredients.

Microwave until the butter is melted. Then stir until well combined.

Roll into balls and roll in coconut (you can put into fridge if you want until firm).

Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.

gardie, Dec 18, 4:47am
Yes - these are the favourite in our house.A bit fiddly to make but well worth it.Its always a surprise biting into them to see if you get a pink marshmallow!(We call them donkey drops because of what they look like when they are finished!)

aof, Dec 18, 11:51pm
Hi- I haven't ever frozen them but they do keep well in the fridge in a container (that's if they're not eaten first!)