Crayfish salad recipes

logansrun93, Dec 11, 4:33am
what are some ideas for crayfish dishes!.looking at a type of salad!
or other ideas would be helpful.Cheers:))

quarterpasttwo, Dec 11, 10:16am
bbq with garlic butter
steam and eat

susieq9, Dec 11, 8:06pm
Spread lettuce leaves over a platter. Then a layer of bite size pieces of cooked crayfish. Drizzle over homemade seafood mayonaise. Recipe for the mayonaise is:1 cup whipped cream, 3tblsp condensed milk, 1/2 tsp of mustard, 1/2 tblsp vinegar, 2 tblsp tomato sauce, 1tblsp worcester sauce, salt & pepper and splash of sherry. Mix all this together.adjust to taste if needed. For garnish you could cut up lemon wedges and cherry tomato halves and spread round the crayfish. This looks and tastes great. Be generous with the 'drizzle' of mayo. Enjoy.

grannymum, Dec 11, 8:48pm
Have to agree with susieq9 - just delicious & can make a lttle go a long way too.

logansrun93, Dec 11, 10:42pm
thanks susieq.thats the kinda dish im after :))

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 12, 12:55am
Al Browns cook meat side down on bbq turn over and serve with a -mayo.devine, I have 5 crayfish for xmas and theres only two of us! suppose we will have to try some beforehand. I had one also with a lime dressing but cant find it.

logansrun93, Dec 12, 7:21am
yes we have 5 crays as well.for about 15-20 people.so a dish where everyone can share & try some would be great.

ewanjs, Dec 12, 10:05am
Ive tried this and its devine.
Crayfish Caesar Salad
Here’s Annabel Langbein’s upmarket adaptation of the classic Caesar Salad recipe.
Prep time 10 mins
Serves 6
2-3 freshly cooked crayfish tails or 1-1.2kg prawn tails
2 large heads romaine or cos lettuce, leaves washed and dried
3 big handfuls (100g) Oven Baked Croutons (see page 211) or bought bagel crisps
50g shaved parmesan
1 recipe Creamy Seafood Dressing (see below)
If you’re using crayfish tails, remove the cooked flesh from the shells and cut it into chunks. If you’re using prawn tails, boil them in salted water, then peel and devein them.
When you’re ready to serve the salad, slice the lettuce leaves into 3-4cm wide slices. Cut or break the croutons or bagel crisps into pieces and place in a large serving bowl with lettuce, parmesan and crayfish or prawns. Add Creamy Seafood Dressing and toss to combine. Serve at once.
Creamy Seafood Dressing
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frypan. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic and 4-5 canned anchovies and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute, mashing the anchovies to a paste. Add 1 cup cream, ½ cup finely grated parmesan and ground black pepper. Boil hard for 2 minutes until bubbles start to get big, which shows the sauce is thickening. Cool before using. This is a great dressing for any kind of seafood. Makes 1 cup.
Oven Baked Croutons

Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut a French stick or country bread loaf on an angle into 2cm thick slices. Brush or spray both sides of each slice with a little extra virgin olive oil and spread onto an oven tray in a single layer. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown and crisp.

seniorbones, Dec 12, 11:00pm
found it.they are cooked in half in the butter but you could just cut into chunks with lettuce on a platter, actually what is nice is butter crunch lettuce and place on them so they are individual and people can pick up and eat without plates! anyway recipe: 100gms butter, 1tsp finely grated lime ride, 1 fresh small red thai chilli chopped finely, 2cm fresh ginger grated. Melt butter cook rind chilli and ginger for 2 minutes season with salt to taste. brush the crayfish tails with the butter cook on the bbq for approx 10 mins or until cooked serve with pinapple salsa .did you want that recipe too.

tlkin, Dec 14, 7:05am
I would like the pineapple salsa recipe please.

cookessentials, Dec 14, 7:12am
fisher will more than likely have some nice recipes as he does eat alot of seafood.

cookessentials, Dec 14, 7:13am
Did you get the lime salt ok Maureen!

tlkin, Dec 14, 7:38am
I have been searching through here and googling salad reciipes that are tropical sounding as we are having a tropoical theme for Christmas this year. (probably based around drinks with umbrellas!) Any fish/seafood recipes or different other salads will be greatly appreciated. Or point me in the direction of books and I can look in the library. Fisher has a web site doesn't he! I had it bookmarked on the old computer but not this one.