Lasagna in the crockpot?

nets1, Mar 29, 4:24am
Is this possible? if so how is it done? thanks.

spongeypud, Mar 29, 6:03am
Lazy Lasagne (Alsion Holst)

For 4-6 servings
LOW cook for 8-9 hours

2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
1x 400g can of whole or diced tomatoes in juice
1x 300g pkt tomato soup, or tomato and onion soup mix
500g minced beef
1/2 cup tomoto paste
1 tsp each dried basil and oregano
2 tsp instant beef stock
1 cup of hot water
250 g (about 3-4 cups) small lasagne shapes or long lasagne sheets

Topping:
2 tsp cornflour
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk, sour cream or a mixture of these
1 cup of tasty cheese
paprika (optional)

Turn the slow cooker on HIGH to preheat & coat the bowl with non-stick spray.

Put the garlic & tomatoes (with any juice) into a food processor or large bowl & process or mash with a fork to break up the tomatoes. Add the soup mix, miced beef, tomato paste, herbs, stock and water, then process or mix until well combined.

Spread 1/3 of mixture evenly over the bottom of the cooker. Place half the lasgne noodles over the meat. Repeat the layering with another 1/3 of the meat mixture, then remaining lasagne then cover with last 1/3 of meat.

To make the topping, mix together the topping ingredients and pour this over the top and sprinkle with paprika if you like (optional).

Turn the slow cooker to LOW & cook for 8-9 hours. Serve with a green salad or cooked vegetables and garlic bread.

(Found this recipe posted by another member).

nzhel, Mar 29, 11:48am
This recipe is great - have made it lots of times and its well loved! Must admit tho I haven't done it in a crockpot - but I'm sure it will be just as good if not better. Enjoy!

zappi, Mar 29, 8:36pm
Our favourite Lasagne recipe is this one. Always goes down well whereever we take it. Once took the crockpot with us to Sister In Laws for lunch. Had already cooked the Lasagne before hand and then all I had to do was put it on reheat and it was just right by the time we had our lunch.

sqiff, Mar 30, 3:23am
I was just wondering if the condensation that drips off the lid of the crockpot would make the Lasagne runny at all? I am keen to try it as like Zappi it is our favourite Lasagne recipe.

zappi, Mar 30, 3:37am
No it is not runny at all. I think it makes up nicer than in the oven.

parrots1, Jun 19, 10:36pm
Thanks for this: I knew I'd find the perfect recipe in here.

nanax3, Jun 22, 12:07am
Crockpot Lasagne

2 Cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 Tsp each dried basil and oreganium
1x 400g can tomatoes
2 tsp instant beef stock
1x 30g pkt tomato soup
1 cup hot water
500g mince
250g lasagna shapes or strips
1/4 cup tomato paste

Topping;
2 tsp cornflour, 1 large egg, 3/4 cup milk, sour cream or mix of both, 1 cup grated tasty cheese, paprika

Turn crockpot to high and coat with oil or non stick spray.
Mix all other ingreds well, either by hand or in wizz
Spread 1/3 of meat mixture over bottom of crockpot and then half the lasagna and repeat layering
To make topping mix together the cornflour, egg, milk, sour cream and cheese. Pour this over everything in the crockpot and sprinkle with Paprika.
Turn crockpot to low and cook for 8-9 hours. Serve with green salad or cooked veges and garlic bread.

This came from our local paper, havent tried it yet but sounds very nice.

merlin10, Jun 22, 2:14am
Thanks for this - I dont have elements at the moment, just the oven and crock pot so am always looking for ideas.

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 27, 12:10am
ive always wanted to try lasagne in the crockpot but now looking at all these yummy recipes im going to have to try it. YUMMMMM