Marshmallow Snowmen - great recipe for Xmas!

Page 1 / 2
griffo4, Dec 9, 12:32am
What a neat idea thank you for sharing

kinna54, Dec 9, 2:33am
Hey thx for this, I am going to give it a go. Have the MM's in the cupboard.granddie has bday xmas eve,(he is only 2) these will be a nice treat to have at the party and for xmas.

craig04, Dec 9, 7:15am
The kids just love them - I gave two to my neighbours kids today and got a phonecall about an hour ago from their Miss 4, to say thankyou very much! So cute

celosia, Dec 9, 7:57am
wow, what a cool idea - thanks for sharing.

korbo, Dec 9, 6:42pm
absolutely fantastic. how did they get their bottoms tho. does the hot chocolate kinda shape them.

litedelites, Dec 9, 9:25pm
Hi, so cute, where do you get the rainbow choc chips!

schnauzer11, Dec 9, 9:30pm
That's so lovely,but why do we still perpetrate the idea of a winter Christmas,in NZ! It's raging summer,no mistletoe in sight.Let's cultivate our own Christmas icons,get creative.There must be a few mystified children grappling with all the snow paraphernalia!Hey-marshmellow-
Pukekos!

griffo4, Dec 9, 9:57pm
schnauzer how about you make some and post a pic for us please!
Or any other creative person

2young1, Dec 9, 11:29pm
gorjus!. i am going to give them a go.

craig04, Dec 10, 6:01am
Rainbow choc chips are from Countdown in the baking aisle along with the other sprinkles etc. Schnauzer, would love to see marshmallow pukekos too!

kimkat1, Dec 11, 3:16am
Made these today, so easy and the kids love love them. they look so cute too. we have had visitors in and out all day and everyone was very impressed. thanks for the idea

korbo, Dec 11, 8:41am
bumping for my question.please.

kimkat1, Dec 11, 6:29pm
Korbo, somehow the chocolate just seems to mould over the marshmallows and make a cool shape. I wondered the same. I have just made another lot this m,orning to take to the Kindy christmas party today. Theya re my fav thing for kids at the mo. Friends yesterday just loved them.

craig04, Dec 12, 3:19am
This is just the shape they get once dipped - I don't do anything special to them to shape them

jbsouthland, Dec 12, 5:39am
The wee plum duffs .does anyone make them ! mallowpuff , drizzled white choc for the custard on top , then garnished with aspearamint leaf or twolollie and jaffas for the decoration .

duckmoon, Dec 12, 8:23am
How long do they keep for!

Culd you make them the before, or earlier!

I am thinking about the school fair.

gardie, Dec 12, 5:14pm
Everything you make them with is stored in the cupboard so I'd say they would have a longish shelf life.

kimkat1, Dec 12, 6:45pm
I made mine 2 days in advance for the kindy party, and I have 2 in a container from the ones I made on Sunday and they still look great.

craig04, Dec 13, 5:25am
Last year I made some a week before Christmas and put them into individual cellophane bags, they were still fresh on Christmas day

raebee, Dec 13, 5:33am
the latest little treasures also had a version of the snowmen, which i've bought everything to try.the main difference is that they have little hats (a rolo choccy upside down on a choc button to make a hat - they look sooo cute.oh and red, green and brown mini m&m's for the buttons.

craig04, Dec 13, 5:35am
A friend of mine also makes little coloured scarves for hers out of fondant icing. She also uses the rolo/choc button hat idea

jbsouthland, Dec 16, 6:49pm
bumping cos they are so cute

griffo4, Dec 16, 7:39pm
l made these last night but l used sun valley white choc buttons and they are very rustic so will try again tonight if l can get some melts but they look ok for someone who isn't an artist and l am sure the little ones won't notice my poor art work,lol
Thank you so much for sharing l can't wait to see the little ones faces when they see these
l put a choc hat on mine l only had a box of favourites and l cut some in half and put them on top

bubbaluggs, Dec 16, 9:52pm
yum, going to try these

litedelites, Dec 17, 4:32am
Help with my question, not answered - where to get the coloured choc chips, thanks T