Pasta Salad

j.blk, Dec 5, 3:26am
I am doing the pasta salad for our christmas day lunch and have never made one before has anyone got any good recipes.
Any help would be much appreciated

mam67, Dec 5, 3:30am
An orzo salad is so yummy. Cook your orzo, add cucumber, cherry tomatoes cut in half, red onion, capsicums and pesto. Sundried tomatoes added to this is also really good. never lasts long when I make this.

dindys, Dec 5, 4:04am
x1
My favourite pasta salad comes from Annabel Langbein's fabulous book: Great Food for Busy Lives: Boil 500g pasta shapes.While pasta is cooking, make dressing by pureeing together: 1/2 cup light salad oil, 2tbsp white wine vinegar, 1/4 cup grated parmesan, 2tbls basil pesto, 2 cloves garlic, 1tsp Dijon mustard, 1tsp salt and black pepper. Drain cooked pasta, place in bowl and add dressing. Cool.Mix in 2 sliced spring onions, 2 stalks finely sliced celery, 2 diced peppers, red is nice.Add 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts if you wish.Enjoy.

jag5, Dec 5, 6:33am
On the left of this page is a function for searching.type in pasta.choose anytime.hundreds of recipes will come up.have fun looking

rarogal, Dec 5, 7:22am
Mam67 your orzo salad sounds yummy, I will try it, thanks!

tinkagirl, Dec 5, 7:32am
I make the Orzo all the time.
Cook and cool 1/2 packet of Orzo
add 1 container of mediterranean chunky dip basil pesto (cashew and parmesan)
200 grams cook bacon
1/2 packet of crumbled feta
1 small red onion ( I like to cook it slightly)
cherry tomatoes cut in half
and then anything you want to add.

tam39, Dec 5, 7:42am
It is the best. I forgot to say that baby spinach leaves are nice in it as well.

tam39, Dec 5, 7:44am
Oops i just seen that i used my hubbys computer for the 1st post and didnt log him out so used his username. Lol