Does anyone have a good quince paste recipe please

griffo4, Mar 28, 7:32am
l have a heap of quinces and my neighbour has been making cheese and l thought l would make some quince paste but l can't find my old recipe anywhere can anyone help me please and l have also heard that some make theirs in the crockpot?
Thanks

griffo4, Mar 29, 5:34am
Anyone please :-)

noelinevc, Mar 29, 6:27am
x1
Wash quinces and remove stalks. Slice andput in to pan and cover with water. Simmer gently for 40 - 50 mins until very soft. Push through sieve to separate pulp from pips.
For every 450 g pulp add 350 g sugar. Stir over medium heat until sugar disolved. Simmer for 10 mins or until setting point is reached. Watch carefully and stir to prevent burning. Pour in to sterile jars

mango5, Mar 29, 6:54am
Is it quince time again. I made quince jelly (quinces couteousy of friend) last year (can't remember exactly when) but the kids loved it and it was gone in a jiffy.

griffo4, Mar 30, 12:50am
Thanks noelinevc l have so many of them and hae given so many away but l hate to see then waste and then next lot will be my favourite of quince jelly.

lurtz, Mar 30, 1:56am
x1
I made the Crockpot Quince Paste version this year. No hard work stirring for ages as the mixture thickens, and no burning. The result is a delicious, and garnet red paste. I used the recipe on restisnotidleness blogspot. Google the blogname, and put Quince Paste after the name. The only thing in the recipe I changed, was I did put about half a cup of water in the Crockpot when cooking the whole quinces.

noelinevc, Mar 30, 3:00am
I also like this for a change
Spiced Quince Chutney
1 kg Quinces
1 large Onion
2 tablespoons grated Fresh ginger
3 Whole cardamom pods
1 Cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon Salt
200 grams White sugar
150 ml Cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Strong-flavoured honey

Method:

Peel and core the quinces.
Put the peelings, cores and any other trimmings into a small stainless-steel pot and just cover with cold water.
Bring to a boil and continue to simmer while you finish dicing the quinces and onion.
Put the diced quince and onion into another pot with the spices, salt, sugar and vinegar.
Add 500 ml of the quince stock from the first pot.
Bring the chutney to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 25 minutes or until the quince softens.
Remove the lid and continue to cook slowly until the liquid reduces and the quince turns amber. If the liquid reduces too quickly, add any reserved stock you have.

griffo4, Dec 19, 6:17am
Thanks lurtz l will try that next time l make some and also thanks noelinevc l will try that recipe as well it is always nice to have a few different recipes for them