Cafe Style Pasta Salads!

toshibanz, Dec 3, 8:26am
Those bowls of pasta salad they sell in cafes, either heated or cold, does anyone know what the dressing is that binds and moistens it!I would have said mayo or similar, only not sure if you can microwave that and have it taste good.I have Googled but keep finding mayo based ones.TIA

kinna54, Dec 4, 2:16am
A lot of cafe's use a potato salad dressing.

lizab, Dec 4, 3:53am
years ago I was told they use sour cream mixed with sweetcorn relish

monkey_room, Dec 4, 5:41am
I have mixed sour cream with the' Edmond's light whole egg mayonnaise' and had good results. you can adjust to your taste.

bumblebee13, Dec 4, 7:55am
balsamic would be nice maybe with a bit of honey in it

rarogal, Dec 5, 7:31am
Here's a nice one, compliments of Mam67.
Cooked orzo, cooled. Add chopped cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, finely chopped red onion and capsicum, basil pesto, stir through gently. Can also add some chopped sundried tomatoes.

tinkagirl, Dec 5, 7:36am
buy best mayo, it really is the best

pom-pom, Dec 5, 8:26am
Olive oil lemon juice balsamic and a great big scoop of pesto - best dressing ever for pasta. This is largely thanks to Jamie Oliver although I tend not to follow an specific amounts - just mix until it tastes great. Then add spinach, toasted pine nuts, cherry toms, chicken (smoked or otherwise) or not if you want a veggie option. the list is endless. Great party salad and nice warmed gently through (watch warming with chicken though!).

falcon-hell, Dec 5, 5:33pm
it sure is

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 5, 6:26pm
Rice Salad is a winner in our house :) Part cooked rice (soft but with a slight crunch). Chopped finely,, capsicum, onion, dried apricots, cashews, spring onion. Mixed through the rice. To make the dressing mix mayonaise and currypowder with some mustard to make a devilled eggs mix and stir through the rice so that its not gloopy but all the rice is colored :)

ENJOY.

biddy6, Dec 6, 4:07am
Friends and ourselves reckon they've changed the ingredients in this mayo.
It used to be scrumpcious but not any more :-(
I don't buy it anymore.

NW used to use Eta potato dressing in their pasta salads but not sure if they still do.

holly-rocks, Dec 6, 4:26am
Yes i agree, i think they have changed the ingredients too, not as nice as it used to be. Their new Aioli mayo is yum though.

rainrain1, Dec 6, 4:46am
Heinz Seriously Good Mayonnaise you should try that