what do you take to work for lunch?

vintagekitty, Mar 28, 7:05am
I need some fresh ideas! . Im usually so busy getting kids lunchs, and get sick of filled rolls and usually buy some fattening food

dice4, Mar 28, 7:09am
left over dinner mostly.

goldgurl, Mar 28, 7:39am
at the moment I'm on a beetroot, cheese & ham on ploughmans bread buzz, a nut bar thingy, some rice crakers, watermelon diced into large cubes, crackers with vegemite, homebaked biscuits, an orange or nashi and a strawberry yoghurt and finally a couple of rice cracker type things I get from the asian store. And yes, every day mon-thurs that what I take lol, reason why i take such a variety is that I've had weight loss surgery, and I can't eat much, and I'm really picky about what I want to eat so I plan to have lots of variety so that I don't end up spending money at the store... always have lots left over obviously but it's never wasted, any unopened packs are saved for the next day...

goldgurl, Mar 28, 7:40am
Oh and like Dice, I have taken left over diner too... will put some aside when I'm dishing up if it's super yumm - nothing like a warm homemade meal for lunch away from home :)

beaker59, Mar 28, 7:44am
I butter two slices of my home made bread and take a tin of sardines and a couple of tomatoes from the garden.

goldgurl, Mar 28, 7:45am
that reminds me, I just got back from the supermarket... bought a couple of those really small cans of Salmon (have diff flavours), I'm gonna take that and some crackers too lol.

vintagekitty, Mar 28, 8:09am
Goldgurl, sounds yum, variety is the key. We never have leftovers with teenage boys in the house! , I tend to work through my lunch break, so I can leave earlier so like the idea of a snacky type lunch infront of my computer

goldgurl, Mar 28, 8:22am
yeah I love snacky type food too... which is why I pre-cube/dice my watermelon so i can just pick at it... with my sandwiches I gladwrap each 1/4 as I can't eat more than one 1/4 in one go anyway lol. But yeah, I end up with 2 normal sized lunch boxes and one small one for the watermelon. One bag for my folders and fabrics (i'm doing a design and pattern making course) and one bag for my lunch boxes LOL

alebix, Mar 28, 10:39am
I take left over dinner or a salad.

All depends on how long I have for lunch, it might be a sammie and a bar and fruit.

bananna15, Mar 28, 11:06am
at the moment im taking soup and heating it at work. i always have chocolate, nuts and seeds in my bag for snacking on too. savoury muffins, fruit salad and quiche i alternate between. and every now and then ill take some nice cheese (cheddar, brie, camembert, etc) and some crackers

lynja, Dec 12, 4:54pm
in summer usually those large rice crackers and cottage cheese (i keep the pottle at work in the fridge)and a home made fruit salad made with whatever is cheap at the time, with lovely greek yoghurt on top. sometimes a homemade muffin.
winter almost always homemade soup and rice crackers.
i keep lunch as my most healthy meal of the day! sadly not so good with the evening meal!