Sweet Indulgence - City Cake Co Cookbook

agave1, May 15, 7:41am
Good going tk999 - I gave up at $26!

245sam, May 15, 7:55am
Yes, poster #1 now has the book she has so badly been wanting.:-))

bedazzledjewels, May 15, 8:00am
Okay - bit slow tonight! Lol!
Bet the seller was happy with that.

245sam, May 15, 8:09am
Should be at almost 7x the reserve price!:-))

cookessentials, May 15, 8:31am
Would it be worth phoning City Cake Co! and asking them if they know if any available!
http://www.citycake.com/find_our_stores.htm

elliehen, May 15, 9:47am
Wish I'd picked up the copy I saw in the gift shop ;)

macwood2, May 15, 10:35am
tk999 what do you make out of the book that is sensational.I have had the book for many years but can't remember anything I have made out of it.

pogram0, May 16, 7:16am
On the strength of this thread I borrowed a copy from the Auckland Library as I was quite curious.After looking through the recipes I couldn't find one recipe that I wanted to try.

elliehen, May 16, 7:30am
Sell it!

tk999, Dec 1, 12:40pm
HI everyone.I have been looking high and low, tracking all auctions, for months now to try and find a cookbook.I've even contacted the publishers to try and track down where I can get a copy -they are not printing it again and don't know who might have ae with all th copy.

Book: Sweet Indulgence by CIty Cake Co and Annabel Langbein.Here is a link to the page with a picture of it http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Sweet-Indulgence-Annabel-Langbein-City-Cake-Company/9780958202947!cf=3

Has anyone got a copy they are willing to sell to me, or know someone who has a copy who would like to sell it to me!Please get in touch!Thank you :)

davidt4, Dec 1, 7:05pm
Why not buy it from Fishpond!Are they out of stock!

245sam, Dec 1, 7:37pm
The book is currently unavailable through Fishpond.:-))

iriegirl, Dec 1, 11:46pm
tk999 I ran the ISB number thru this great web site I use and.found it!
http://www.bookish.co.nz/compare-prices-for-a-book.aspx!isbn13=9780958202947&title=Sweet-Indulgence

maysept, Dec 2, 12:18am
Damn, wish I could help you, I used to have this book, but sold it here on TM a while ago- beautiful book and great recipes!

tk999, Dec 4, 10:25pm
Thanks so much for your help - iriegirl, the Uni bookstore is also out of stock :( Fishpond doesn't have it because the publisher is not reproducing it.Will have to keep an eye out for it on the auctions still!

coreblimey, Dec 4, 11:04pm
Why don't you try her website, I think she sells her books via that!

245sam, Dec 4, 11:11pm
coreblimey, that book is not listed on Annabel's website at all, either as being available or unavailable for purchase.:-))

macwood2, Dec 5, 8:37am
tk999 I have this book.Would you like me to photocopy it for you!Is there something special in it that you want!I can copy and send to you if you like.

macwood2, Dec 6, 9:51am
bumping for tk999

tk999, Dec 13, 12:14pm
Thanks so much 245sam - I copied the recipes out of a copy from the library, but really want an original copy of the book!

I have contacted Annabel Langbein - her company is also the publisher of the book, they have stopped printing and do not know who still has it.It appears to have sold out everywhere.Only hope will be second-hand I think.

elliehen, Dec 13, 12:19pm
I saw one recently in a country gift shop - might still be sitting there.I'll give them a call in business hours tomorrow (oops, today!) and put a temporary hold on it if they have it.

tk999, Dec 16, 12:04pm
That would be fantastic elliehen!I could call them and pay by credit card over the phone if they have it and get them to post it hopefully.thank you so much!

elliehen, Dec 16, 12:09pm
Not good news, I'm afraid.I phoned today and it's no longer there.However, have you checked with one of the chains like Paper Plus!I once found an out-of-print cookbook lurking in a country town Paper Plus (identified on their computer).

I'll keep searching in the small towns around me.I like a good book hunt!

tk999, Dec 17, 1:51am
That's a great idea - hadn't thought of that.Thanks so much for your help!
I'll let you all know if I do manage to track one down