Edmonds cookbook - Cathedral Loaf

mackenzie2, Nov 30, 4:42am
Does anyone have the recipe for this, and wanting to make it for Christmas as gifts, and the pages in my OLD Edmonds cookbook are torn and missing. Thank you in advance

245sam, Nov 30, 4:53am
mackenzie2, what age/era Edmonds Cookbook should this recipe be found in!I have two 'old' Edmonds Cookbooks (from the 1970s) and neither of them have a recipe for Cathedral Loaf.:-))

davidt4, Nov 30, 4:59am

kassie48, Nov 30, 5:10am
Nothing in my old book either. Does it have another name!

shellz213, Nov 30, 5:13am
Cathedral Loaf (from Edmonds cookbook)

125 g glace pineapple rings
3 glace pears
1/2 cup glace green cherries
1/2 cup glace red cherries
125 g glace apricots
125 g blanched almonds
250 g whole brazil nuts
1/2 cup crystallised ginger
3 eggs
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons brandy
3/4 cup plain baking flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt

Chop pineapple rings and pears into six pieces.Halve green and red cherries.Chop apricots into quarters.Put chopped fruits, almonds, brazil nuts and ginger into a bowl.Mix to combine.In a separate bowl beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and brandy together.Sift flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together.Fold sifted ingredients into egg mixture.Pour onto fruit and nuts, mixing thoroughly.Pour mixture into a greased and lined 23 cm loaf tin.Bake at 150C for 2 hours or until an inserted skewer comes out clean when tested.Allow to cool in tin.Remove paper and wrap in foil to store.To serve cut into thin slices.

penny123, Nov 30, 5:14am
Cathedral Loaf

125 g glacé pineapple rings,3 eggs, 3 glacé pears,1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup glacé green cherries, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence,1/2 cup glacé red cherries,2 tablespoons brandy,125 g glacé apricots,3/4 cup Edmonds plain baking flour,125 g blanched almonds,1/2 teaspoon Edmonds baking powder,250g whole brazil nuts,1 teaspoon ground nutmeg,1/2 cup crystallized ginger,1/4 teaspoon salt.

Chop pineapple rings and pears into six pieces.Halve green and red cherries.Chop apricots into quarters.Put chopped fruits, almonds, brazil nuts and Ginger into a bowl.Mix to combine. In a separate bowl beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and brandy together.Sift flour, baking powder,nutmeg,and salt together.Fold sifted ingredients into egg mixture. Pour onto fruit and nuts, mix thoroughly.Pour mixture into a greased and lined 23 cm loaf tin.Bake at 150c for 2 hours or until an inserted skewer comes out clean when tested. Allow to cool in tin. Remove paper and wrap in foil to store.To serve cut in to thin slices.

mackenzie2, Nov 30, 7:33am
Yay thank you both Shellz213 & Pennt123 great just the one I was after, beautiful recipe.