Non baked cheesecake .

garfeild101, Nov 29, 2:05am
With almond powder/crushed almond packets with butter instead of biscuits! If not I will use wine biscuits and butter.

The none baking one is usually cream cheese mixed with either sour cream, or whipped cream. No gelatine either.

Any ideas!

I have searched but havent found anything on the threads except for a lime one which i might do

245sam, Nov 29, 2:19am
garfeild101, here's a recipe that I have posted a number of times here on this MB and it is actually still available on an earlier thread.

This is the recipe from my very first attempt - a very successful one! - at making a cheesecake.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE - always popular whenever I make it so I hope you will enjoy it too.
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too. :-))

garfeild101, Nov 29, 2:36am
Thanks, was hoping for a non gelatine one thats all, if not i will have to go get sum

kiwitrish, Nov 29, 2:37am
Are you wanting one without gelatine!If so here is one. Sounds quite nice.
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8795/blueberry-and-passion-fruit-cheesecake.aspx

garfeild101, Nov 29, 3:34am
yes thanks thats it-sumthing to do with lemon and/or lime juice in cheesecakes makes them set-also found one using a jelly pkt too

hestia, Nov 29, 4:00am
Would you like to try a white chocolate cheese cake! I have made a non-bake one, doesn't require gelatin - the white chocolate makes it set.

garfeild101, Nov 29, 4:02am
yes please whats that one! Just i know that cheesecake overall is so unhealthy so if i could make a ground almond base mixed with wine biscuits.white choc one sounds great =)

hestia, Nov 29, 4:10am
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce.

90g butter, melted
200g digestive biscuits, crushed
400g cream cheese
250g white chocolate
375ml cream

1) Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter and press into the base of a loose-bottomed cake tin. Chill until set.
2) Melt the white chocolate, allow it to cool slightly, blend in the cream cheese.
3) Whip the cream, fold into the chocolate and cheese mixture.
4) Pour onto the biscuit base, chill for at least 2 hours.

Blueberry Sauce

200 g blueberries
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp water

Heat all the ingredients in a pot on medium heat until the blueberries have broken down, and the liquid has reduced to the required consistency.

Slice the cheesecake, and serve with the blueberry sauce. Serves 12.

sooseque, Nov 29, 8:53am
LEMON REFRIGERATOR CHEESECAKE (makes two)

4 cups crushed Arrowroot biscuits
1 cup (250) melted butter
4 Tblsp sugar
3tsp cinnamon

Filling:
1 packet lemon jelly
¾ cup boiling water
1 ½ Tblsp grated lemon rind
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tin evaporated milk – chilled
250 gm cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla ess.
Mix together the crushed biscuits, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon, firmly press into two spring form dishes, refrigerate.
Mix together jelly, boiling water, lemon rind and lemon juice, stir until the jelly is dissolved, cool slightly.Beat evaporated milk with electric beater until thick.
Beat cream cheese with sugar until soft and smooth, add the vanilla essence.
Add the beaten milk to the cheese mixture and fold in the jelly mixture, pour into the prepared crusts and chill for several hours before serving, ideally make the day before. You can freeze one in the tin in a plastic bag if desired.

rozke, Nov 29, 11:33pm
as sooseque but when son m akes it he uses what jellies l have in the cupboard, lime,strawberry, or raspberry.Cheers

riversdale28, Nov 30, 5:52am
little lemon cheesecakes
1x jar lemon butter
250g cream cheese
pkt gingernut biscuits
Place muffin wrappers in muffin tray.line each with a biscuit.combine butter and cheese till smooth,then pour onto biscuits.then freeze till solid.when ready to use take out of freezer then stand for about 10 mins then top with a slice of strawberries.this is great as a plate to take for morning teas

guest, Jan 11, 10:10am
Ecoomnies are in dire straits, but I can count on this!