Homemade Irish Cream .

sarahb5, Nov 29, 12:09am
Is it really as good as the real thing!

darlingmole, Nov 29, 1:44am
nope.But here's my recipe for what it's worth .

Irish Creme Liquer (must be stored in fridge)
4 egg yoks
1 400 g can condensed milk
300 mls cream
3 T chocolate sauce
2 t coconut essence
450 ml Irish Whiskey

Mix well, store in fridge.The End.

sarahb5, Nov 29, 2:01am
Why the coconut essence!The recipe I have doesn't have egg yolks in it but has coffee, vanilla and almond essences but if it's not as good as the real thing I probably won't bother anyway

popelka1, Nov 29, 2:33am
that's the recipe I use, though the last time I made it I found it ended up quite thick so I milked it down and ended up with 3 blotties offf Ballies*hic* in'th *hic* frudge!" lol

asue, Nov 29, 2:44am
G8 gift to give someone

willyow, Dec 5, 6:40pm
You can make you own Kahlua toowith coffee, vodka, sugar andvanilla beans

sarahb5, Dec 5, 8:16pm
Do tell - please!I love Kahlua .

kuaka, Dec 5, 10:24pm
Baileys

3/4 cup whisky
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup cream
1/2 litre vanilla ice cream
2 tsp powdered instant coffee
1/4 tsp chocolate essence
1/4 tsp caramel essence

Combine all ingredients and beat with egg beater or mixer.It is quite yum.

I meant to say, don't waste your time using just one "dose" or recipe, double or treble it, 'cos it won't last long - it is very very drinkable.

southerngurl, Dec 5, 10:44pm
My Recipe was my great aunties, it had chickory essence, and whiskey and something else hang on i'll see if i can find it.

daleaway, Dec 6, 12:10am
Whatever you are making, it's not Bailey's.
Bailey's has NO COFFEEin it (as I say this time every year). Or chicory.
I am sensitive to both and if it were in the original, believe me I'd know.

However FWIW the recipe we use is very similar to that given by #2, including the chocolate and coconut essences - only in Imperial, I've been making it that long!

southerngurl, Dec 6, 12:18am
The OP said Irish Cream not baileys. Irish Cream does have chicory and/or coffee.

sarahb5, Dec 6, 1:22am
I'm just thinking that by the time I've bought the whiskey I might as well buy the Irish Creme or Baileys anyway .

willyow, Dec 6, 10:36pm
HOME MADE KAHLUA ( I think you have to call if Coffee Vanilla Liquer asKahlua is a tradename)- easy as and yummy!

Grind two cups of sugar and two vanilla pods ( you can get them cheap on Trademe from guess who!) , Add to two cups of water and boil for ten minutes.Turn off heat andadd half a cup ofinstant coffee - preferably the Expresso type-.

Allow to cool and mix inone and a half cups of vodka andbottle in an airtight bottle and leave for 3-4 daysfor the vanilla flavour todevelop -start sipping!

susieq9, Dec 7, 12:41am
Kahlua Recipe. Had this recipe for years. 4 cups sugar, 5 cups water. Boil for 2 minutes. Add 6tblsp powdered coffee. ( I dissolve this with a little of the above, easier to mix through). Boil for 1 minute. Let all this cool. Then add 31/4 cups of Vodka. Put into a flagon and add one or two good vanilla beans. Leave for one month. I then pour into empty kahlua bottles. Enjoy, we do.

Quotesusieq9 (11 )10:30 pm, Tue 29 Nov #2

otterhound, Dec 7, 1:30am
Kahlua
Boil 3 vanilla beans in 5 - 6 cups of water for 5 mins.Add 5 cups sugar and 2 oz instant coffee and stir until dissolved.Let cool and pour into a flagon with 26 oz vodka.=)