Pork belly roast with rib bones!

jia5, Nov 28, 5:56am
Paid $17 for a pork belly roast. Cooked for dinner tonight, when I tried to cut it there wererib bones. Rib bones are packaged in original packaging ready to be returned tomorrow. I have never heard of rib bones in the belly lol. Actually it isn't funny I am furious, was for a special meal for Mr jia.Has any body come across this before!

twindizzy, Nov 28, 5:58am
Bones are often at the bottom. ask for a boneless or whip them out yourself.

jia5, Nov 28, 6:18am
I have never come across bones in it before. I would have thought pork belly didn't have bones after all it is belly not a side.But then I have been known to be wrong before. (quite often actually) lol. I just slapped oil and a bit of salt on the top, and cooked it my usual way, never turned it over. Well you live and learn.

tommydog, Nov 28, 6:20am
Did you get it at the Mad Butcher I cooked one last night had he same thing and its the first time I've come across it as well.

jia5, Nov 28, 6:25am
No it was PnS. But I am wrong as usual as twindizzy pointed out. I will know next time too look eh.

griffo4, Nov 28, 6:48am
Our one had the bones in but it is from our own pig that we cut up ourselves but nice to munch on them l love the bones in it

mss2006, Nov 28, 7:02am
It is totally normal for rib bones to be in pork belly.

beebs, Nov 28, 9:27pm
they are nearly always in there when i buy them,they easily pull out after the slow cooking process

sarahb5, Nov 28, 9:42pm
Yep - if you buy pork belly slices there are always bones in them

beebs, Nov 30, 1:17am
how didyou get on op!

jia5, Nov 30, 4:23am
I chopped bones out after cooking. lol silly me. was still yummy.

nzl99, Nov 30, 4:40am
Never come across them before in the belly. in 'pork slices', yes. but not a whole slab of belly.