Question for Cookessential or others

raewyn64, Mar 28, 3:04am
I saw these in a shop yesterday
http://www.josephjoseph.com/plastic-chopping-boards/index/in
dex-chopping-boards

i thought they would be a tidy way to keep all my chopping boards.
Do you have any thoughts about them and stored this way and also are they something you can source (hope it is ok to ask that question here).
Thanks very much for ideas and comments

maxwell.inc, Mar 28, 3:11am
You can get them at stevens. . they are also currently one of the FlyBuys Rewards.

I like the idea. . but for me. . they would have to be sparkling clean sanitized and DRY before they could be put away in the 'holder'

and even then. . with plastic boards I tend to replace them every 2 months... I have a good end grain wooden for most of the daily chopping. . which gets dealt to with Hydrogen Peroxide to clean it.

lilyfield, Mar 28, 3:43am
how many boards do you need? I have had one- for the last 35 years. Wooden. used commercially as well, will see me out to the end of my days. No storage problem. Sits on the floor beside the fridge.

cookessentials, Mar 28, 3:58am
Hi Raewyn, if you would like to join trademecooks on facebook, then you can ask what ever you like and I can answer... otherwise the TMP will look at it as self promotion and of course, there will be the comments as above LOL. We sell alot of them and they are extremely popular. Everyone has a choice of what they would like in their kitchen and many people do like them. They are dishwasher safe. Frankly, the thought of a chopping board on the floor turns my stomach... but each to their own. The people who buy them like the fact that they dont have to be stored away in a cupboard as they are right there on the counter top and because they look so stylish, they do look nice sitting there. Joseph Joseph do make some very ingenious products - they are two brothers and some of their designs are extremely practical. Yes, we do have them and I have had them listed on Tradme before. We also have end grain and long grain boards made here in NZ.

raewyn64, Mar 28, 5:02am
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and comments.
Cooksessential I shall pop over to Facebook if I want any further information as I certainly don't want you getting into any trouble here :)

cookessentials, Mar 28, 5:56am
Hi raewyn, here is the link for facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/topic. php? uid=405027841899&topic
=15572#! /group. php? gid=405027841899&ref=ts

maandpa2b, Mar 28, 6:02am
maxwell. inc wrote:
You can get them at stevens. . they are also currently one of the FlyBuys Rewards.

I like the idea. . but for me. . they would have to be sparkling clean sanitized and DRY before they could be put away in the 'holder'

I agree, and if you wash them in the dishwasher will they warp and never go back into their slot again?

uli, Mar 28, 6:03am
Its been proven many times that wooden boards are more hygienic than plastic boards. There have been several studies about it with germ counts etc. It seems that the wood somehow "cleans" itself ... Maybe if you throw the plastic ones into the dishwasher that may be different. However if you like plastic then go for it.

cookessentials, Mar 28, 6:17am
Yes, Uli, you are quite correct, they have natural antisepctics in the wood. However, I also understand that restaurant kitchens now are not allowed to use wooden boards - this is a rule from health and safety.

For the comment above - these boards CAN be washed in the dish washer. They are quite a different type of plastic than other plastic boards. Anyone with half a brain would not put a plastic board on the lower shelf of a dish washer. A bit like people who stupidly put a hot pot off the stove onto a plastic board really.

uli, Mar 28, 8:31am
Just shows how "safe" and "healthy" Health and Safety are ...

lisa7, Mar 31, 11:27pm
Some similar are on 1-day today
www.1-day.co.nz

maandpa2b, Apr 1, 6:40am
so do you take up the whole of the top shelf of your dishwasher with your chopping board? mine won't fit standing up so would have to lie across. One side wouldn't get cleaned though. And what if you have a dishdrawer?

cookessentials, Apr 1, 7:15am
Have you ever heard of a sink of hot soapy water and a dish brush?

cookessentials, Dec 23, 9:50am
Simmilar-not really - these are a cheap chinese "knock off" the Joseph Joseph are $98