Kumara salad recipe please

tararenee, Nov 27, 2:51am
Hi guys, I am after a yummy Kumara salad recipe to add to my xmas meal plan :)

Not a fan of the Kumara and Orange one I have seen on here so after something different please.

puss-n-boots, Nov 27, 2:58am
Check out this web-site there are lots of lovely ideas for kumara salads and even some fab ones for your christmas mealhttp://www.kumara.co.nz/recipes/salads/

tararenee, Nov 27, 2:59am
Awesome. Will have a loom now thanks

petal1955, Nov 27, 4:06am
Kumara & Mesclun Salad

2 cups mesclun
5 medium unpeeled kumara diced
2 cloves crushed garlic
½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
2 cups baby spinach leaves
3 tbsp olive oil
rock salt and black pepper
Dressing
2 cups Barkers mango/peach chutney
1 cup olive oil
Put oil in roasting pan and add kumara, red onion and garlic, then roast in oven for 30 minutes @ 220 C or until vegetables are soft.Allow to cool.Pour roasted vegetables over mesclun scattered on platter.Blend dressing ingredients in kitchen whizz and drizzle through salad mixture.Garnish with Parmesan cheese and baby spinach leaves.

fisher, Nov 27, 7:24am
Kumara Salad
3 - 4 orange kumaraBest Foods mayo1 red onion.
Peel and cube kumara. Steam till tender. Let cool. Mix with a few tablespoons mayo and chopped red onion.Let sit for an hour or two in fridge before serving.

geldof, Nov 27, 8:39am
Roasted Kumera Salad.

900gm each red kumera and orange kumera
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1tsp fresh chopped rosemary
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds.
S & P

Dressing(mix together)
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
chopped parsley
S & P

Cube kumera with skin on and combine with herbs and oil.
Bake at 180 dg til golden and tender (approx 30min)
Combine with dressing.
Delicious hot or cold.

I use any kumera I have, and sometimes add pumpkin.
I roast 3/4 of a red onion with the kumera and use the remaining 14 in the dressing.
ran out of yellow mustard seeds, and it still tasted great.

perle, Nov 27, 9:49am
I had the most simple yet delicious kumara salad last night at my friends bbq. It was kumara (par-boiled as you would for a potato salad) cut into cubes, then covered in the thick mint sauce. Very refreshing and simple. I enjoyed something a little different.

jetxr8, Nov 28, 9:08am
ROASTPUMPKIN, KUMARA &ORANGESALAD
(My own recipe)
INGREDIENTS:
½ a small pumpkin2 kumara
1 large onion2 oranges
Parsley (handful)salad greens
METHOD;
Heat oven to 180 degrees C.Peel pumpkin and kumara and cut into small chunks.Put into a plastic bag and pour in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Coat veges in oil and then tip out onto a baking paper lined oven tray.Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until tender, but not over cooked.Take out of oven.Slice onion very finely.Chop up parsley.Zest the oranges.Retain the zest and peel the oranges and cut up.
Put some salad greens on top of a large, flat plate or platter.(Dandelion leaves are very good, or Spring mix or similar etc)Transfer roast veges on to salad leaves, on plate.Top with cut up oranges, sliced onion, chopped parsley and orange zest.Serve warm or chill.
DRESSING:Juice 1 orange, add equal parts of vinegar and olive oil. Shake or whisk to combine, and gently pour over salad.

tigger22, Nov 28, 9:11am
You could also do a kumara bake - chop and boil kumara then place in dish.Mix cream together with a packet of onion and a packet of cream of chicken soup.top with grated cheese and bake until the cream thickens! YUM

fisher, Nov 28, 9:19am
perle.thanks for the heads up. made this tonite with my sticky chicken.etc. was very nice.

vonkrum, Nov 28, 9:53pm
Out of the Heart Foundation cookbook.Dice cooked Kumara, add spring onions, add peanuts, add sliced banana last.Mix raw sugar and lemon juice and oil for dressing.Better made ahead.You could add whatever else you like.I have added a little mint and garlic and it was nice too.