Christmas Muffins

moetus, Nov 25, 5:09am
Would like recipe for these muffins pls.Maureen.

245sam, Nov 25, 5:11am
moetus, here's a couple of recipes from an earlier thread.

"CHRISTMAS FRUITY SPICED MUFFINS.

2 cups self rising flour
1 and a half - 2 cups mixed fruit
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tblsp mixed spice
1 Tblsp cinnamon
half tsp ground cloves
1 lge egg
1 and a quarter cups milk
75g melted butter

Melt butter and then beat in egg and milk. Mix in everything else, but do NOT overmix. Spoon into 14 muffin holes. Bake 210c for 12-15 mins or until centre springs back.
Can serve with baileys spiked cream, or just plain butter. enjoy.

Christmas Muffins
1 cup yoghurt (plain or fruit is fine)
1 cup milk
100 grams butter, melted
70 gram packet whole almonds
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp each baking soda and salt
2 tsp mixed spice
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup Christmas fruit mince
2eggs, beaten

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, mixed spice and caster sugar into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
In a jug blend together the fruit mince, eggs, yoghurt and milk and blend into the dry ingredients folding in the melted butter as you go. Do not over mix.
Divide evenly between 12 well-greased muffin tins and top each with 2-3 whole almonds.
Bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 18-20 minutes until well risen, golden and cooked
Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before serving

Quotepam.delilah (589 )7:37 am, Wed 23 Dec #2"

Hope that helps.:-))

moetus, Nov 26, 6:25am
hi, thanks for te recipes,sounds really nice .

calista, Nov 27, 10:07am
I think this may be an Alison Holst recipe.I saoked the raisins for 3 days and it improved the rum flavour.

Rum and Raisin muffins

3 Tbsp rum, /1 egg
1½ cups raisins /1½ cups flour
75g butter/1 tsp baking soda
½ cup sugar /1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg

1 ½ cups of raisins cut in half, Stir through 3 tablespoons rum and soak overnight or longer

Cover with water and boil for 10 minutes.Reserve the liquid and leave it to cool.Cream 75 g butter with ½ cup sugar, and then add one beaten egg, then ½ cup raisin liquid. Next add 1 ½ cups of flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg then the raisins. Bake in mini muffin tins at 165 c for 15 minutes. Makes 44 to 48 mini muffins

pommyjohn1, Nov 27, 9:24pm
Thanks moetus,I will try that with my gluten free flour

245sam, Nov 27, 3:38am
Almost December so these recipes may be needed again soon.:-))

elsielaurie1, Nov 27, 7:39am
I found this recipe for Baby Christmas Cakes.(Not muffins I know, but similar)which I think is grand, especially if there's only 1 of you who likes Christmas cakes.I think it's from a very early, 1990's, Listener. Soak 175grams of mixed fruit in 1/4 of a cup of either whisky, brandy, dark rum or orange juice. Leave overnight to soak. Turn oven to 160oC and place 12 paper patty cups in a muffin tray. Put 100g soft butter, 75g soft brown sugar and 2Tbs of either treacle or golden syrup in a mixing bowl and beat until light. Then beat in 1 egg. Sift 75g flour, pinch baking soda and cinnamon together and beat into batter with 2Tbs milk. Scoop batter into the paper patty cups and bake for 20-25mins until the cakes are set. They will be flat and a little sticky on the surface. Remove from the oven and brush with more of whatever the fruit was soaked in. Cool on a rack. Eat straight away or leave to mature for a couple of weeks. For a festive appearance you can brush the cakes with a laze just before serving. Bring 2Tbs apricot jam and a tablespoon of water to the boil in a tiny pot then push the jam through a sieve. Brush over the cakes while still warm and place a toasted almond on top. Makes 12 Baby Christmas Cakes.

pommyjohn1, Nov 27, 11:50pm
Works like a charm with GF flour, I make these all the time now