Just made a yummy lunch

katienz11, Nov 25, 12:11am
I just made a quick yummy lunch.I picked a zuchini and some young silverbeet out of the garden.Cut them up along with a tomato.Lightly fried the zuchini and tomato, sprinkled the cut up silverbeet on top.And then I mixed egg and milk together and threw it over it and cooked for a minute, stirring a little bit.

Yum! Healthy too.

uli, Nov 25, 12:21am
Sounds good - like a stir-fry frittata :)

I do a frittata at least 3 times a week, but use much more egg and no milk so it sets. I often use some bacon too, and sometimes a bit of cheese on the top - eat with green salad.

cloudberry, Nov 25, 12:40am
I'm quite pleased with my spur-of-the-moment invention, too. Unexpected guest for lunch and down to the bare necessities in the fridge. So I grated up 2 zucchini and a carrot, chopped up a BIG handful of coriander (I like coriander) and chives, and mixed it with 2 beaten eggs. I would have used more eggs but I was down to my last two. Added some cumin and a sprinkle of chili flakes, s & p and mixed it all up well and fried a test fritter in clarified butter. It was good but texture was too sloppy so I added a spoonful each of almond meal and LSA. (I avoid wheat.) Now the little fritters came out beautifully. I served them with lemon wedges - and if I'd had any Greek yogurt I would have added a blob of that too.