Measuring spoons.

suziedd, Feb 2, 6:59am
I need to buy a set of stainless steel measuring spoons, which have a 1/8th measure. Any ideas as to where I might find them please? Have been to Briscoes, The Warehouse, Stevens, Farmers, the supermarkets... found a silicone set at New World, but do they survive lengthy boiling?

winnie231, Feb 2, 7:07am
Have you tried The Cook Shop? It's at 795 Colombo Street (near the Town Hall) ph. 366 4639

245sam, Feb 2, 7:11am
suziedd, I'm not aware of any stainless steel sets of measuring spoons that have all the optionsi. e. tablespoon, dessertspoon, teaspoon, ½ teaspoon, ¼ teaspoonAND⅛ teaspoonBUT I have 2 sets - one has tbsp, dssp, tsp, ½ tsp and ¼ tsp and the other set has "Pinch, Dash, Smidgeon". Really it was just for fun at the time that I bought the latter set and quite cheaply too, several years ago at Milly's, but on a serious note if you're wanting to accurately measure ⅛ teaspoon then the "Pinch" spoon is the one you need as my understanding is that ⅛ tsp= 1 pinch.

Fairly recently (either just before or since Christmas) I recall seeing the "Pinch/Dash/Smidgeon"-
; set at either or both Stevens and/or Living & Giving.

Hope that helps - sorry I don't know so can't advise you re the silicone set and its ability to "survive lengthy boiling". :-))

suziedd, Feb 2, 9:11am
Thank you winnie and sam. Will try the shop that you advise, sam and yes, winnie-pinch, dash smidgeon is exactly what I am looking for !

245sam, Feb 2, 9:21am
suziedd, I see from your profile that you're at Darfield so your closest option IMO would be Westfield/Riccarton Mall where there are both Stevens (on the ground floor) and Living & Giving (on the upper floor). I suggest that you try at Stevens first - you'll need to look where they keep a lot of the smaller knick-knacks in front of the counter - in fact I think that would be the most likely place to find them at Living & Giving if they currently have them too. :-))

winnie231, Feb 2, 9:32am
Hi Shirley - hope you are well & enjoying summer. Gosh - I can't imagine Riccarton Mall with an upstairs too! It was already huge! ! !
I think I've become a true Golden Bay 'country bumpkin' ... even Nelson seems big & busy to me these days!

suziedd - there is a trader who has posted here in recipes for a long time & now has her own kitchenware store. I wonder if she could help you? cookessentials (Pam) is her name.

bananna15, Feb 2, 11:32am
they also have them at Total Food Equipment down moorhouse ave. they are next to the power store

suziedd, Feb 2, 5:51pm
Thanks again everyone.

winnie231, Feb 2, 9:23pm
I presume the 'police' objected to Pam helping in any way.
I didn't see what was written in her post before it was deleted but suziedd - I suggest that if you don't have any luck in Chch, you contact Pam through one of her listings.

cookessentials, Feb 2, 9:28pm
Yep, I said i could get them from the States or would check my catalogue. What the person who complains to TM forgets is that if i DID help suziedd - the item would be listed here for her. I wonder if it was also the same person who ALSo complained about me offering to send some mace to someone who was in need of it - I do NOT sell it, i was making an offer of helping someone out, obviously something the complainant would not offer to do - how incredibly pathetic you are. No wonder there are those that complain that Trademe recipe section is an unpleasant place to visit - one can see why! Sadly, there are a select few that love to do this and usually just to me - i dont see any of the other links above being got rid of - ok to send linksto others i see - double standards eh - who needs it. i have a business to run, i am only sorry i could not help you suziedd or the woman who wanted some mace which I was happy to send her for nothing, in that it MIGHT help her.

buzzy110, Feb 2, 10:54pm
cookessentials - you've made it. You have a stalker! ! !

cookessentials, Feb 3, 12:15am
Oh WOW, I'm honoured LOL

cookessentials, Feb 3, 7:15am
suziedd-have a look at these http://www.norpro.com/store/products/mini-measuring-spoons-5
-pc-set

suziedd, Mar 20, 12:51am
Yes, that is exactly what I need ! Are you able to get some in and list them please?

cookessentials, Mar 20, 1:00am
I HAVE SOME ON ORDER

cookessentials, Mar 20, 1:01am
join our facebook page suziedd, then the tm police wont be able to complain

suziedd, Mar 20, 3:55am
Lovely, thank you.

suziedd, Mar 20, 3:59am
Next question cookessentials, how do I join the page on fb?

cookessentials, Nov 16, 11:16am
If you find the thread on here, the trademecooks on facebook, then click on it and it will take you to the page you need. On the page, it will have an area where you click to join I cant quite reember where on the page it is though. I am sure someone will be able to steer you in the right direction.