Curried sausage recipe please

dunnall, Nov 21, 5:57am
There are so many different ones on the internet.Just after an old fashioned recipe thats nice.thanks

tullyann, Nov 21, 6:02am
Type in Curried Susage in the leftand last yearand search etc ,
so many people helped out me with this one
yummmy as

245sam, Nov 21, 6:24am
dunnall, IMO one wouldn't call the following "an old fashioned recipe" but it's a great recipe and definitely worth trying.

"Julies Famous (on trademe!) Curried Sausages
In a large deep frying pan or electric frypan, melt 25 gms butter. Don't let it spread all over the pan. keep in a smallish area. On top of that as it melts, place 1-2 tsps each of ground coriander and ground cumin (or 1-2 tsp curry powder) and 1 tsp of turmeric. Mix the spices into the butter and cook a minute or two till the spice flavour has expanded.
Use kitchen scissors to chop uncooked sausages (I use pork sausages) into about four pieces. Stir through the butter and spice mix.
Add 1-2 chopped onions and 1-2 chopped carrots and stir through also. Cook a few minutes stirring every now and then, till the sausage and onion are starting to brown a little and the mix is sticking to the pan surface.
Add 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and stir through. A wooden spatula is easiest for this - and will help you lift the brownings from the surface of the pan to mix through to give extra flavour.
Add 1 can coconut cream-400gm (I use the lite version) and stir through.
Add a handful of coconut and another of sultanas, and one or two chopped bananas. Maybe some apple.
Simmer all together for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or till the mix is as thick as you want. I don't thicken it as the flavour is better this way.
Season to taste and serve on rice.
Make lots as it tastes great the next day. I'd use about 10-12 sausages for this size mix. up to you how many you add. I also sometimes add several scrubbed and chopped potatoes or kumara to the recipe too, when adding the onions. tastes good too. Some fruit type chutney is nice added too.
It's a great recipe for a pot luck also. Make extra as it's great reheated next day. Hope you like this. it's a real hit here. Enjoy.
posted by juliewn":-))

chrissie91, Nov 21, 6:49am
Now that sounds like a yummy curried sausage recipe. I will try that one. Thank you.

juliewn, Nov 21, 12:01pm
Hi Chrissie. hope you like it. :-) let us know.

Hi Shirley. how are you! I hope all is well there for you and for your home. have been thinking of you. take good care. Julie :-)

joybells2, Nov 21, 8:04pm
I'll second that curried sausage recipe, its fantastic, dont make anything else now.

pickles7, Nov 21, 9:15pm
Buy a pkt of , cook in the pot, Maggi Mild Curry Sausages. enjoy.

mazzy1, Nov 22, 5:49am
Firm favourite with us too. If you have any posh visitors over you can call it "Korma".That seemed to make it taste even better for one of ours recently. LMAO.

tullyann, Nov 22, 6:53am
I like will try Saturdayyummmmy