Christmas breakfast!

Page 1 / 3
oli3, Nov 20, 7:59am
We usually do a big cooked breakfast, but it tends to fill us up and spoil lunch!This year I'd like to have something special, decadent even, but lighter, but can't think of a thing!Any ideas!

sarahb5, Nov 20, 8:05am
Croissant for us usually with Bucks Fizz for the adults and non-alcoholic version for the kids then into the pressies and depending what everyone is doing (last year was just me and Mr 14 home alone for the day) we have brunch around 12 and then the full-on Christmas Dinner at about 5.

moggie57, Nov 20, 8:07am
At my SIL's we have had>>>
pancakes w maple syrup
Fresh fruit
>>>>>>. and bubbly w strawberrries in it.yum!

you could do waffles
bacon
omelete
yoghurt w berries
Maybe a platter of crosiants/briocheetc w cheeses, fruit etc.
have a good one what ever you eat!:)

sarahb5, Nov 20, 8:10am
That's what me and Mr 14 had for brunch when everyone else had gone out for the day (two on lifeguard patrol, one to work in a restaurant) - pancakes with bacon, banana and maple syrup with strawberries and cream to follow - I actually really enjoyed it.

zappi, Nov 20, 8:56pm
Our tradition is Ham and cheese croissants and champagne, strawberrys.Started back from childhood with ham and cheese toasted sandwiches as it was a long time till lunch and as we were all up early to go to church so had that when we came home.

mbos, Nov 20, 9:07pm
We do ham, cheese and tomato croissants and bucks fizz, as well as a fresh tropical fruit salad with greek yoghurt.

falcongirl, Nov 20, 9:41pm
we always used to have lamb chops and eggs. we lived on a high country station so chops were easy to get, now i almost die at the price of them. we plan to have pancakes done on the griddle on the bbq. kids arent really into eating a fancy brekky, they perfer lunch and dinner.

grandma, Nov 20, 9:42pm
Our family tradition (from at least two generations back from me and I suspect even further) is ham and tomatoes.I think this is a scottish tradition!Can anyone confirm this!

davidt4, Nov 20, 10:51pm
Half of my family originated in Glasgow and we certainly didn't have ham and tomatoes for breakfast.It was more like bacon, eggs, sausages, black pudding and fried bread.

I wouldn't have thought that tomatoes were a traditional Scots vege.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 20, 11:39pm
With you there DT4. We have a massive cooked breakie and then don't need to eat anything during the hot part of the day. Just Christmas dinner at night.

seniorbones, Nov 21, 12:37am
Eggs Benedict used to be our christmas morning brekkie, with glazed ham off the bone, our chooks eggs and hollandaise sauce but I cant eat brekkie anymore so hubby just gets coffee and toast!

beebs, Nov 21, 12:42am
pancakes and fresh mixed berries with bubbles (or waffles)

deus701, Nov 21, 12:49am
have a big brunch instead.

creeky1, Nov 21, 1:04am
bubbles with strawberries, and a brunch of ham and eggs. Christmas is always a really late lunch at 2ish or an evening meal. depends on who we are with.

uli, Nov 21, 2:03am
bump for another Xmas

bedazzledjewels, Nov 21, 2:11am
Interesting threads you're bumping up Uli.
This year I'll be out at the airport at 5am on Christmas morning picking up visitors! Not sure yet if I'll be doing breakfast or just dinner.

katalin2, Nov 21, 2:27am
Hot ham, brie and tomato croissant, croissant with several squares of dark chocolate pushed into the middle and heated till it melts( our version of pain au chocolat) whitebait patties. strawberries and strawberry bubbly. Have always kept it light and simple so there is room for Christmas dinner early afternoon. Used to buy frozen croissants and take them out of the freezer the night before and bake them fresh- but the Asian Warehouse in Salisbury St is an earthquake casualty, so no idea where to get them now. Anyone in Christchurch know!

sarahb5, Nov 21, 2:55am
Do you have a Pak'n Save close by - they sell frozen ones, they are the same ones they bake themselves

moggie57, Nov 21, 2:58am
ohhhhhhhh.yum forgot about eggs bene.:-)

abbied, Nov 21, 3:15am
We go mad pancakes, waffles, bacon, breakfast sausage, eggs, maple syrup, fresh berries, croissants, tomatos, onions,juices, coffee but we don't do lunch but we do dinner usually a bbq.

smiggles15, Nov 21, 3:24am
Recipe please! :-)

glynsmum, Nov 21, 3:41am
Bagels cream cheese and smoked salmon

a.fineform, Nov 21, 4:59am
champagne and sex

uli, Nov 21, 6:07am
See - don't you love finding old threads and imagining what they did last year !

katalin2, Nov 21, 7:04am
Thank you- will look for them.