Chicken noodle soup help!

gimme_20_bucks, Nov 19, 11:03pm
I go to a local noodle house and I always have the chicken noodle soup. I've asked a couple of times for the recipe but of course they don't give that away (because I would start making it myself). I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for that style of noodle soup. Anyone's help would be very appreciated.

uli, Nov 19, 11:11pm
A recipe for "that style of noodle soup" from that "local noodle house" .

hmmm let me think.

that could take a while.

uli, Nov 19, 11:12pm
Of course you could just make a soup from real chicken and add veges to that, get the meat off the chook and slice it finely and add noodles of your choice .

But "that style of noodle soup" from that "local noodle house" . could prove difficult.

lilyfield, Nov 19, 11:37pm
"that" noodle soup is most likely out of a packet-tin or granules
Not many restaurants cook soup from scratch.Hotels still have a stock pot going

ant_sonja, Nov 19, 11:40pm
I don't know about noodle house soups.I love chicken (noodle) soup however and often make my own similar to how uli has described. What is it you like about this particular soup! Maybe with a little bit more info it would be easier to help, ingredients etc.

gimme_20_bucks, Nov 20, 8:54am
Sorry I guess I should have been a bit clearer. By 'that style' I meant asian influence. The noodle house I go to is cambodian and they do cook the soup from scratch. I know they use chicken, rice noodles, mung beans, spring onion and garlic but I'm sure there are other ingredients that I am missing. I'm a very novice cook when it comes to soups so all help is appreciated :)

zoew1, Nov 20, 9:02am
Chicken pieces - fry in the pot you are going to use then add chicken stock, spring onion, mushrooms, mung bean sprouts,sesame oil, small amount of fish sauce, garlic, onion, ginger, to taste and whatever noodles you like.

stuart22, Nov 20, 5:20pm
Easy, big pot 3/4 full of water, whole chicken in and get boiling. Chop up the entire top of a bunch of celery, grate a few carrots. Throw the carrot and celery in when the chicken starts breaking up [ keep simmering though] add 1 tablespoon of salt and half a packet of Vermicelli noodles.Continue cooking until the chicken has completely fallen off the bone, then scoop out the bones [ takes a little while]
Serve and enjoy , add asian Maggi seasoning or a little quality Soy Sauce to taste if required.

nzl99, Nov 20, 5:50pm
I typed this into Google and got over 100,000 results. looks like there are some tasty options there. 'cambodian style chicken noodle soup recipe'

Let us know how you get on!

davidt4, Nov 20, 8:05pm
Here's a simple soup from Laos, which has a similar cuisine to Cambodia.

Chicken Soup with Greens

Serves 6

2 chicken legs/1 breast
6 c chicken stock
2 c water
50g dried rice noodles, soaked in warm water 20 min & drained
6 stalks bok choi
3 tab fish sauce
salt
pepper

Rinse chicken, place in large pot with stock & water, simmer half covered 30 mins, skimming occasionally.Remove chicken.

When chicken is cool enough to handle shred meat, discard bones.Defat broth.

Cut noodles into 4” lengths.Slice bok choy 1’’ pieces.

Heat broth, add fish sauce and seasonings.Divide meat amongst bowls.Place noodles & greens in broth and bring to boils, stir well & ladle over chicken meat.