Xmas entree suggestions

clairen, Nov 19, 5:24am
We are doing Xmas lunch (our main meal on xmas day) at our place this year.We normally do a seafood cocktail for entree but this year i want to do something different.Any suggestions!

motorbo, Nov 19, 5:45am
whats ur main going to be! i would usually go seafood too.i like to think what i select fits with the overall theme, a cold soup or breads and dips or asparagus or tomato tarts

davidt4, Nov 19, 5:53am
Gravadlax or smoked salmon with a creme fraiche mustard sauce.

glenn-ellyn, Nov 19, 6:08am
Last year I did a strawberry glazed brie for a starter and scallops in their shells as an entree'.

clairen, Nov 19, 6:39am
Main is going to be a roast lamb.There are a couple of people in the family who don't like seafood so instead of doing 2 things i thought i could just do 1 thing this year that isn't seafood.

52many, Nov 19, 6:59am
Soup!

motorbo, Nov 19, 7:27am
you want a light starter then cos a roast is a heavy meal.a tomato tart would be rich in flavour but can also be made ahead of time

svce, Nov 20, 3:34am
What about some fresh asparagus wrapped in bacon with stuffed msuhroom ! What vegesare you having with the lam!

southerngurl, Nov 20, 3:35am
A long board of Antipasti platter that they can all pick and choose from!

litedelites, Nov 20, 6:19am
If you want to do something different but sticking with seafood, how about ship vol e vonts (opps for spelling)
Hard to get the cases now, but last time i used the frozen yorkshire puddings
Fry chopped onion in butter and then add a small amout of flour to make a rue.Add in sour cream250 gm pottleand about a tablespoon of tomato sauce together with cooked or caned shrimps.Stir and then will cases.Can serve straight away or serve chilled.

Enjoy

davidt4, Nov 20, 8:53am
First prize for November.Especially the caned shrimps.

beebs, Nov 20, 6:52pm
our countdown has the volovant (sp) cases in the bakery section.no help with the seafood dislikers, but we are having small whitebait patties, with a wedge of lemon

sarahb5, Nov 20, 9:49pm
This is what we do because some of our dinner guests are fussy eaters - this also gives them the opportunity to try something different

buzzy110, Nov 20, 10:01pm
Lol david. Not fair. I wanted to win this prize with my Copper Penny and beetroot and orange juice salads suggestions.

Festive food indeed!

I have the recipes if you want them.

davidt4, Nov 20, 10:47pm
Didn't Copper Penny Salad win the prize last year buzzy!

buzzy110, Nov 21, 2:48am
I was going for a trifecta. But in the event it didn't win I was going to go for broke with a suggestion of 2 years ago - tofu marinated in soy sauce and then fried or baked or something similar. Yummy and so festive!

I was beaten by a day so it is all too late now. I'll have to settle for second prize. I hope I can get in first for the December prize with something even more festive.

knowsley, Nov 21, 8:05am
The cows are out of the paddock again.

rasin11, Nov 21, 8:43am
This sounds delicious What do you do!

rasin11, Nov 21, 8:45am
Yes please!

litedelites, Nov 24, 12:07am
Nice to know I got a 1st prize.Did not even know there was a competition giong :)Hopefully it is not for the worst suggestion :( and that someone will enjoy this.
I am actually making this tomorrow for a morning tea shout for co-workers.

Strawberry glazed brie does sound nice

elliehen, Nov 24, 2:46am
They enjoy each udder's company.

elliehen, Nov 24, 2:48am
It's that party time of year.Lucky co-workers :)