Bottled Mint chutney or relish

rainrain1, Nov 18, 5:23pm
Does anyone have a delicious recipe for this!Preferably one that uses up lots of mint.

fifie, Nov 18, 6:44pm
Mint Chutney. by Digby Laws.
250 gr fresh mint leaves, 1 tablespoon salt,1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, 125gr Raisins, 50 gr fresh ginger sliced, 25 gr garlic sliced, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 cup cold malt vinegar, 1 cup hot malt vinegar.
In a food processor finely chop mint leaves,Add dry ingredients until well chopped, add cold vinegar and process till smooth.Alternative the solid ingredients can be minced and pounded to a paste with cold vinegar.Pour the paste into a bowl mix in the boiling vinegar Allow to cool spoon into clean jars and seal.Strongflavour use it sparingly in lamb sandwiches, BBQ lamb, burgers or roast Lamb.
Also have a recipe for mint sauce made with br sugar, is good to keep in the pantry over winter, yell out if you want it.

rainrain1, Nov 18, 7:22pm
Thanks fifie thats wonderful,you could hit me with the sauce recipe too if you like.

superbi, Nov 18, 7:42pm
x1
Mint chutney: (yum)
2 cups vinegar6 small onions2 cups of sugarcup and 1/2 of seedless raisins 500 grms tomatoes 1 teaspoon mustard 1 cup tightly pressed mint 2 teaspoons salt 500 grams of apples.
Heat vinegar sugarsalt mustard. leave to cool. fine choptogether tomatoes,apples,onion,raisins and mint .finally mix all together and then bottle in jars.

skye7, Nov 18, 9:23pm
Awesome thank you for the recipes, they look great. rainrain1 I would appreciate your mint sauce recipe please.

rainrain1, Nov 18, 9:30pm
it is post #1 who is offering the sauce recipe
edited to say I mean post #2:-)))

rainrain1, Nov 18, 9:35pm
mmm yum decisions.will have to try both recipes
A question though.am I cooking all this together! and for how long!

allurs, Nov 18, 10:01pm
fifie would love the mint sauce recipe thanks

superbi, Nov 18, 10:23pm
Only cooking is to heat the vinegar.salt and mustard.Doesn't have to be
cold just cool will do. Then mix with "chop chop "and bottle---.easy peasy.!

fifie, Nov 18, 11:48pm
Old mint sauce recipe.
Mint Sauce. Old measurements sorry.
1 pint vinegar, 11b brown sugar put in a saucepan simmer 5 minutes then turn heat off. Chop 1 good sized cup packed with mint leaves up finely add to the vinegar mixture stir, let cool then bottle.(Keeps Forever) Use as required. I usually make a double or triple brew, bottle and keep in the pantry, keeps us going till new mint grows. I found also don't be to tempted to add heaps more mint either as with thickening it won't pour out of the bottle, and sounds a lot of sugar but don't cut it back as this helps make it go thick and syrupy.

rainrain1, Nov 19, 2:04am
Grrrreat!Thanks all

rainrain1, Nov 19, 11:00pm
Superbi where are you.that recipe is so delicious, beautiful and xmasy in the jar as well, which would make a nice gift.Me and my bow wow are having some on our lamb chop for lunch today.

superbi, Nov 20, 4:33am
rainrain1 wrote:
Superbi where are you.that recipe is so delicious, beautiful and xmasy in the jar as well, which would make a nice gift.Me and my bow wow are having some on our lamb chop for lunch today.
I'm so glad that you like it.It's one of our favourites- - - - - specially with the xmas lamb and new potatoes! ! ! ! ! ! .