Best chocolate brownie recipe!

bev00, May 18, 8:47am
1.1/3 cups white flour, 1 tsp baking pwdr, 1.5 cups sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, 4 eggs and 250gm margarine or butter (makes no difference to taste or consitency) Put all into a beater or wizz, and beat until pale in colour and fluffy, then into a paper lined tin and bake for 35-40 mins @ 180. Cooked when it springs back.

If I am feeling generous I put frozen mixed berrys and white chocolate in the centre of this, or sometimes just jam, so put half mixture in then the berrys/jam and put other half of mix on top.
Happy cooking.

Quotemackenzie2 (859 )3:45 pm, Wed 18 May #2
My recipe is slightly more *diet friendly* than your mackenzie . tastes wicked too, and like yourself I only add berries if I'm in a generous mood!

150g butt
3/4 C cocoa
3 eggs
1 & 1/4 C caster sugar (I use regular sugar with no difference at all)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 flour
1 t baking powder.

Cook at 170 deg C in a lined cake tin for 30-40 mins (less when there's no berries included).

Quotedarlingmole (183 )3:55 pm, We

campmum, Nov 15, 3:47am
Donna Hay Chocolate Brownie
Melt:
150g butter
1 ¼ cup sugar
¾ cup cocoa
Mix well then add,
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup flour
Mix well, Bake 160*C for 30 minutes in 20cm tin
Cool in tin.

campmum, Nov 15, 3:52am
VERY EASY! I've added nuts & white chocolate bits.really moorish & chocolatey

nzl99, Nov 15, 5:26am
For a GF version try using a blend of rice flour and ground almonds. and melted gf chocolate.

eastie3, Nov 15, 5:35am
This is the best I have ever tasted.I found it on
http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2011/03/simple-chocolate-brownies.html

It uses chocolate instead of cocoa,something that I prefer in a brownie.I don't like nuts so use the extra chocolate. I love Mrs Cake's blog,and suggest you check it out if you like baking,although she does write about other aspects of food,eating out and so on.

Easy Brownies (adapted from Yogic Knitter's recipe)
Ingredients125g butter
100g dark chocolate
200g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
90g flour
200g of any of the following: chopped walnuts, macadamias or pecans, or dark, milk or white chocolate drops

Preheat the oven to 160 C. Line a brownie tin with baking paper.

Melt the butter and chocolate over low heat in a saucepan and stir until smooth. Remove the mixture from the heat and mix in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the flour and mix, then add the nuts or extra chocolate and mix until combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish.

Bake for 25-35 minutes, until a skewer comes out without goo on it. Cool and cut into squares.

tiger86, Nov 20, 6:12am
Try this one, I found this recipe to be the best:

Melt in a pot and then take off heat:
250 g butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar

Mix in with a wooden spoon:
4 eggs (one at a time)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups flour
1 family size block chocolate (smash into pieces while in wrapper)

Line a baking dish with baking paper, pour batter in and bake for about 20-30 mins on 170C. Leave to cool in dish, when cool cut into pieces and dust with icing sugar.enjoy!

elliehen, Nov 20, 6:46am
She's very approachable through her website too.I texted a desperate request in the middle of a culinary disaster and got a text back :)

sarahb5, Nov 20, 8:17am
That's pretty much the recipe I use except I melt the chocolate with the sugar and butter and then add everything else to it

diamond-fan, Nov 21, 1:20am
This is same ingredients as above but makes a really big tray of brownies with addition of raspberries as an option. I found this recipe on the Fresh Choice NZ Favourite recipe competition a couple of years ago, it was the overall winner. Always gets rave reviews and recipe requests and in my opinion is the perfect '10' for a brownie. The raspberries in it are excellent.

320gms butter, melted
1 & 1/4 cups cocoa
7 eggs, (size 6)
3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 & 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate drops/chips (dark is best)
1 & 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
fresh or frozen raspberries (optional)
icing sugar for dusting (optional)

Preheat oven to 160 C. Line a large baking tin/roasting dish (24 x 34cm
rectangle) Melt butter in alarge microwave bowl or in a saucepan on stove top. Using an electric mixer, beat cocoa into melted butter. Add eggs sugar and vanilla, whiz with mixer for 3 - 4 minutes until the mixture begins to whip up in volume (about double). Mix in chocolate chips with a spatula, sift flour and baking powder in, stir gently till fully combined. Pour into lined tin, shake gently.If using the raspberries, dot them evenly over the surface then gently push under the mixture. Bake at 160 C for approx 1 hour, will depend on your oven, but brownie should look undercooked. Cool in tin for 10 minutes then put on to a wire rack to cool. Sift icing sugar over if desired.Cut into small pieces, for a dessert serve with a dollop of cream, goes great with a glass of red or a good cup of coffee.I love it to make it at Christmas and give it as gifts. It keeps well.

juliewn, Nov 21, 12:57pm
Wow. that's lovely of her :-)

punkinthefirst, Nov 24, 12:13pm
The one on the Godiva liqueur website. Its the best I've ever tasted.

mch_nz1, Nov 26, 2:51am
My mums recepie for Brownies, it's the best brownie I've ever had.

Brownies

125g melted butter
5 Tbs cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup choc chips
1/2 cup dried fruit, nuts or more choc chips

-In large bowl or pot, melt butter, add sugar, cocoa and eggs, and beat well. Add vanilla, salt, flour, baking powder, choc chips and fruit and nuts (if using).
-Fold together well.
-Bake 180 deg C 30 mins
You can ice them when cold so you can have more later.

chooky, Nov 26, 4:38am
Hi, just a question. Does chocolate brownie freeze well. Thanks.

sarahj1, Nov 26, 6:36am
Second this one - it is the ONLY brownie recipe I use now - not cheap to make but soooooo good - a real treat!

sarahj1, Nov 26, 6:37am
Freezes brilliantly - especially the one recommended above

spunkeymonkey, Dec 17, 5:02am
oh my gosh another great recipe