Recipes with a good amount of honey.!

deflatedpumpkin, Nov 9, 11:56pm
Did a big grocery shop the other day, managed to stick to my list for the most part, but whilst passing the breakfast spreads, thought to myself, "I haven't seen DP have honey on toast in a while, he must be out" , so bought some.

Got home, unpacking and putting away. already have 1, 1/2 pottles of honey!
Any ideas of recipes that call for more than a tablespoon of honey!

jessie981, Nov 10, 12:21am
Go into the lefthand message board & under keyword put honey. Under date posted put last year. Recipes there.

deflatedpumpkin, Nov 10, 12:40am
thanks :) already did that before starting this thread:) most recipes only call for a small amount of honey.

obsidianwings, Nov 10, 12:41am
i have a honey soy chicken and kumara stirfry recipe. I will grab the recipe for you later if you want

jessie981, Nov 10, 1:08am
This has 1c of Honey or make honey pickled onions
http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Grandma_s-Honey-Cake-_non_dairy_-Recipezaar

deflatedpumpkin, Nov 10, 1:18am
yum thankyou obsidianwings, i'd love that recipe, jessie. that sounds delicious!

dbab, Nov 10, 3:20am
Honey doesn't go off, so would last in your pantry for ages.

buzzy110, Nov 10, 5:46am
Exactly. There is no need to use it in any hurry. I have some that has been in my cupboard for over 2 years and it is just fine.

mouse_y, Nov 10, 5:55am
Meusli . Word!

marcs, Nov 10, 10:12am
Muesli Bars. Have a look at the site below. I make 1.5 times the recipe for a tin 33x23cm. Very nice

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1457/homemade+muesli+bars

dreamers, Nov 10, 7:12pm
i found a 10 year old jar of honey in our garage from when we kept Bees . it was perfectly fine just a bit sugary,so dont worry about using it up quickly.I make Muesli and use nearly cupof honey mixed with orange juice and oil to make it.

davidt4, Nov 11, 5:32am
Honey keeps for a very long time.You could use some in a glaze for a ham.I have a big jar to use up (we don't eat it any more) and I use it in the cure for Gravadlax, smoked salmon and other smoked fish.

obsidianwings, Nov 14, 12:20am
Sorry about the wait.

The recipe itself doesn't use a massive amount, however I like to make lots more sauce, especially since I serve it with rice, so that uses up quite a bit.

Honey soy chicken and kumara stirfru
3t oil
1t sesame oil
420gm diced chicken
480gm peeled, cubed and partly cooked red kumara
3 sliced spring onions
2T soy sauce
4t runny honey
1/4 c water
1t cornflour
toasted sesame seeds.

Heat both oils in pan and saute chicken until cooked, add kumara and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft, add spring onions and cook for a minute. Mix together soy sauce, honey, water and cornflour, add to the pan and stir until mixture thickens. Serve with the sesame seeds sprinkled on top.

Hope you enjoy it, it is a family favourite here :)

roundtop, Nov 14, 12:43am
Honey and lemon drinks are good instead of tea!

seaturtle, Nov 14, 8:36pm
I use honey in home made muslie

uli, Nov 14, 8:39pm
As the others have said - don't worry about the honey - it keeps for many years - if you keep the ants away :)

boxsters3, Nov 21, 6:15am
Some ideas from a quick look at my recipes

1. Donna Hays Honey and nutmeg cupcakes (recipe makes 12) uses half a cup of honey

2. from "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" by Mollie Katzen
recipes previouslyposted on TM for
* Jewish New Year Honeycakehas 1 cup honey
* Chocolate Honeycake has 3/4 cup honey

3. The ‘wrong’ time of year (but if you like spice just do not put crosses on them)Rich Dark Hot Cross Buns- Alison Holsts bread maker recipe.
Uses 1/4 cup honey

4. Alison Holst’s LEBKUCHEN (rock-hard Christmas Tree biscuits)
Uses 1 cup honey