***Drinks & Nibbles Ideas***

hunnynz, Nov 1, 9:22am
We are having drinkies on saturday night with clients and friends. Any easy recipes for vegetarian and non-veg food would be greatly appreciated. It's an after dinner thing, but still needs to be yummy and classy. We're expecting about 15 people. Thanks

jessie981, Nov 1, 10:32am
Sliced French loaf, spread with Philidephia Salmon Cream Cheese & top with pieces of fresh Salmon (pkt). Garnish with parsley & cracked pepper (opt)

hunnynz, Nov 1, 8:12pm
That sounds yummy Jessie. I'd love some more ideas please.

davidt4, Nov 1, 8:21pm
Are you sure that your guests will want to eat if it is after dinner!

phoenix10111, Nov 2, 3:37am
if it's after dinner, I'd do some truffles or something sweet. Something with cheese maybe. The other day I had a creamy blue cheese on gingerbread - sounds odd but it was beautiful.

babytears, Nov 2, 4:17am
Ditto. nothing too heavy if it's an after dinner thing. a mix of sweet and savoury, with coffee etc. wee chocolate truffles, cheeses and grapes etc

valentino, Nov 2, 4:32am
And specially prepared fruits like sugar-crystalised coated large green-white grapes, yummy explosion in the mouth that gives a nice little entertaining bite.

Actual pieces of pineapple dipped one part in choc.
Huge strawberries cut in half topped with a coating of sifted icing sugar and as optional - partly dipped in choc - the bottom bit that is.
Cut pieces of orange into sixths with part of skin removed at one end and dipped in Choc. Keri Tangelos are best for this.

Yeah, just experiment a little with fruits and dips or toppings with the thought of also using coconut and-or finely chopped nuts or whatever including chopped marshmallows.

Something to go with drinks. Cheese Straws are a hit if done right.

Homemade crackers with a nice array of dips. or crackers with some very tantalising toppings - toppings can be very smallish but use items that are more differents like imported canned smoked sprats, or some others that one has - never - tried - but - like - to- sort of's.
Cheers

valentino, Nov 2, 5:13am
Oh, use some smaller slices of fruits noted above on crackers as well, will surprise them and yourself even with a drop of whipped cream or something nice, light and goes nicely down.

lil_angel_kel, Nov 2, 8:39am
I went to a bbq the other night and had the yummiest thing - was brie cheese wrapped in filo pastry and cooked in the oven. Then it was put on a plate and covered in cranberry sauce. Had it with crackers. It was divine! :)

hunnynz, Nov 2, 11:23am
Good point. Sweet treats, cheese n crackers and some fruit will probably be enough then eh!

hunnynz, Nov 2, 11:25am
That definitely sounds like the way to go.

hunnynz, Nov 2, 11:27am
Excellent ideas.

hunnynz, Nov 2, 11:29am
Thank you everybody. All ideas are fantastic.

antoniab, Nov 2, 6:47pm
After dinner I would just do a wicked cheese board with quince paste and maybe some dates or grapes and a good selection of crackers.

moggie57, Nov 3, 5:01am
truffles

mini fruit kebabs

thicker slices of cucumber topped with salmon & cream cheese.just a bit different than serving it on crackers all the time!

mini savoury herb muffins with small slice of brie cheese

bilinis (small pikelets) topped with chutney/salami etc

small peices of white choc fudge

choc dipped strawberries

hunnynz, Nov 2, 11:23am
That sounds delicious.