Any one done mini christmas cakes cooked in a

Page 1 / 2
duckmoon, Nov 4, 8:26pm
Flower pot!
Any advise!

chicco2, Nov 4, 9:24pm
Yes, I have. I lined the terracotta pot with baking paper. They were very cute.
I tipped them out, removed the paper, put them back in their pots and wrapped them in cellophane. I placed the pots on a sheet of cardboard on the oven tray, just in case they tipped and broke.
Good luck, you will love the results.

duckmoon, Nov 4, 9:59pm
Excellent, I am on the right track

korbo, Nov 4, 10:24pm
DO you have to have special pots.

fish02, Nov 5, 3:35am
you can also do them in spaghetti/baked bean cans too.they make lovely candle shaped cakes!

chicco2, Nov 5, 3:38am
You dont need special pots. Just make sure they are plain, unglazed terracotta. The can shaped ones are cute too.

korbo, Nov 5, 7:20am
thanks, do you line or just spray the cans/pots. do the cakes stick or burn thru, cos tins arnt that thick a metal.
are they easy to paper line !
thought it would be a great idea, to make and give to grandies, they could then have their own little cakes.

uli, Nov 5, 7:55am
Do line them korbo - as the silicone on the baking paper is less harmful than the heavy metals in the terracotta :)
Flower pots are not food grade.

chicco2, Nov 5, 8:55am
Yes do line both the terracotta pots and the spag tins.

duckmoon, Nov 5, 9:15am
I have just made a set of six cakes. they are BEAUTIFUL.
I have costed them at $2.60 per cake and $1.61 for the pot, plus some cellophone and ribbon.

What othergift can I give for less than $5.

Thinking about making them for the school fair next year.

greerg, Nov 5, 9:07pm
Warehouse usually does a "three for two" Christmas promotion and small Christmas tins are a couple of dollars then.Good to fill with truffles or fudge.I also make small jars of some chutneys so I can put together three pots in a flat box made by folding card then encase the whole lot in cellphane and tie with tartan ribbon.

angela74, Nov 6, 1:22am
do you just use a normal Christmas cake recipe!And how long do you cook them for!

gardie, Nov 6, 2:22am
They sound wonderful.I was thinking you could make some Christmas shapes out of fondant (green/red) and pop them onto wire to have 'flowers' on the top of the cake.Very little extra cost - florist wire is cheap and a packet of fondant would go a long way.

chicco2, Nov 6, 2:44am
Yes, normal recipe. Low heat 120 for as long as it takes to cook them. Once out of the oven, wrap in a tea towel till fully cold. You can drizzle with a 1/2 tsp of alcohol when they first come out and are still hot.

indy95, Nov 6, 4:57am
Duckmoon, what size are the pots you used please !

fifie, Nov 6, 6:55am
I make little ones in texas muffin tins early december,put a brandy glaze on them with nuts and cherries nearer xmas, wrap in cellophane they always go down a treat.

wilson16, Nov 19, 6:58am
Can someone post a recipe for these please.

I have never done christmas cakes and these are perfect.

duckmoon, Nov 19, 8:07am
I am struggling with my cut and paste
Google flower pot Christmas cake

wilson16, Nov 19, 8:32am

duckmoon, Nov 19, 7:46pm
those are the instruction I used. The recipe is makes a good cake. In a 11.5 cm pot, it cuts into eight large pieces, and makes six pots.

cutezie, Nov 20, 2:24am
#18 Right click -copy ,open email - paste and send to yourself

duckmoon, Nov 22, 6:11am
If you can tell me how to post a photo, I will post a photo of the flower pot cakes.

griffo4, Nov 22, 8:10pm
l made 10 flower pot ones yesterday and one in a can and they came out so nice using Juliewn's recipe and they look so nice but l put the nuts and cherries at the start and then read the recipe and it said cook for 1 1/2hrs then put on nuts and cherries so mine have sunk in,

uli, Nov 22, 5:15am
bump for another Xmas

duckmoon, Nov 22, 5:57am
thanks for the advise last year.
planning to do them again this year.