Lemonade Concentrate Recipe.

marley, Nov 9, 8:21am
Have heaps of lemons. thought I might make some Christmas presents of Lemonade Syrup in little bottles. Anyone have a recipe that will last a while in the bottle! The concentrated form and the the person just adds it to sparkling water or water etc to make their own drink.

juliewn, Nov 9, 9:55am
Hi. just did a search in the threads here for you and tried to post the link - it doesn't then work though.

If you type lemon syrup in the left of your screen messageboard search function, then change 'last 24 hours' to 'last year' by clicking on the little blue down-arrow, and search, there are recipes in the threads there. enjoy making your syrup.

shop-a-holic, Nov 9, 10:10am
Squeeze the juice. Depending on how many mls you have; combine with equal parts of Runny Honey.
Bring to or near the boil in a pot constantly stirring.
Leave to cool. Completely.

Will last 8 weeks in a fridge, or if bottled, lasts indefinitely.

The reason you bring the lemon juice and honey to boil is to pasturise it, thus preserving it's shelf life. Does not affect the outcome of the product.

cgvl, Nov 9, 7:29pm
juice of 6 lemons
grated rind of 2 lemons
2.4lts water
1.5kg sugar
50g Tartaric acid
50g Citric acid
25g Epsom salts (optional)

Put the lemon juice, water and sugar into a large pot and bring to the boil, stir well to make sure sugar is well dissolved. cool and add the rest of ingredients. Bottle and store in a cool dark place or in the fridge.

note I made some recently with limes and found by not boiling it, it didn't keep as well as it usually does and needed refrigerating to prolong its keeping qualities.

marley, Nov 9, 8:14pm
thats so easy and awesome! WOW! Thanks for that.Should I do taste testings to make sure its ok! Like right sweetness to tartiness!

marley, Nov 9, 8:15pm
When I posted this thread this is what I was looking for. I will try this and theother recipe above. Thanks so much!

cgvl, Nov 9, 8:47pm
marley I use less sugar, as I find it too sweet. But I didn't have any tartaric acid last time so that may have been the difference.

uli, Nov 9, 10:22pm
bump for another summer.

uli, Nov 9, 10:40pm
We used to make syrup for the summer: peel any mix of citrus fruit (thinly - just the peel not the white bitter stuff!) and cook the peel until soft, meanwhile juice the fruit and add that juice and then add lots of sugar, strain and bottle. It keeps several years if you use enough sugar and you need only a spoonful for a glass of water to make the nicest drink in summer.

I used to cut up all those cooked, sugary peels very finely and froze them in very small ziplock bags to use as candied peel in cakes.