Sushi dipping sauces and fillings.

fifie, Nov 3, 12:21am
Learning how to make sushi this week, Yum! how do i use wasbi paste do i mix it with soy sauce! and what kind of ginger do i use and how. Love all these flavours, ready to branch out away from the usual sauces fillings, Mr likes plenty of zing in them i'm ready to experiment more with my latest fad. Thanks.

babytears, Nov 3, 1:01am
You can buy the pre-made wasabi, sushi soy sauce and pickled ginger from the supermarket - he might like chilli sauce for dipping!

buzzy110, Nov 3, 1:52am
Usually the wasabi, pickled ginger and sushi soy sauce are served in separate wee bowls. The wasabi has enough zing for anyone. Just dip the slice into the wasabi, use chopsticks to put a slice of ginger on top and dip into the soy.

I used to make a roll, cut in half and wrap each in glad and take as a snack while playing golf. Obviously dipping bowls were not practical so I used to thinly(I mean very very thinly) spread the wasabi onto the pressed out rice, spread the soy on top of that (believe it or not, if you are careful it is easily spread onto the rice) and add the ginger to the filling. Then all one had to do was fold down the glad and eat it like a wrap.

antoniab, Nov 3, 2:21am
I like to mix my wasabi into the soy sauce then just dip your sushi in that - my fav combo is the classic raw salmon and avocado though, I dont like the chicken ones

fifie, Nov 3, 6:10am
Mmmm great ideas, i'll be getting some of that pickled ginger, going to try your idea for Mr's lunch to take to bowls also buzzy, i'll be having a go at them all can't believe how easy it is to make, thank you.

eastie3, Nov 3, 6:15am
I do this too,I mix plenty of wasabi with the soy sauce and then a couple of slices of ginger.I'm a fan of smoked salmon,avo and cucumber.

bruceakld, Nov 7, 8:21pm
There's a japanese soy that has lemon added to it called Ponzu.

karenz, Nov 8, 4:25am
I like raw salmon and avocado, but smoked chicken and avocado is nice too, sweet chilli is a good dipping sauce for this. I haven't made this but salmon, avocado and a small cube of cream cheese would be good.

amanda72, Nov 8, 5:02am
I make my own Sushi with smoked chicken, red capscium and then the sauce - Best Foods Mayonnaise mixed with spring onions. (I chill the mayonnaise/spring onions in the fridge for about an hour to allow the spring onion flavour to come through). A great flavour!

sarahb5, Nov 10, 4:09am
What about Japanese mayo!I'm not sure what the real name is but in this house we call it "yum yum sauce" for obvious reasons!