New ideas for chicken drumsticks

mattdylan, Oct 31, 8:20pm
I am sick of doing the same old, drumsticks in pasta sauce or soy baked drumsticks, what are some other good ideas! thanks :)

jan2242, Oct 31, 8:21pm
Sticky Drumsticks served with stir fry veg. Mix Apricot and Ginger jam with Soy sauce and marinade, then bake in oven.

mattdylan, Oct 31, 8:22pm
thanks how long do you usually bake for at what temp!

puss..in..boots, Oct 31, 9:59pm
We can't get past the soy/honey/ginger/garlic marinade. Did try a sweet chilli one- sweet chilli sauce/garlic/fish sauce/lemon but it wasn't as nice. Since its what I call finger food we sometimes have other finger foods like home made chips, garlic bread, carrot sticks, cherry toms, cucumber sticks etc with it

mazzy1, Oct 31, 11:00pm
Chicken and Bacon casserole:-
450 g Steaky Bacon 2cm chunks
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Chicken Jointed into 8 pieces
4 medium carrots peeled and cut into 4cm chunks
10 Baby Onions peeled and halved
8 Garlic Cloves peeled
400 ml chicken stock
Thyme, Rosmary or Sage

Put the bacon into a small saucepan of cold water and bring up to the boil to remove excess salt.
1. Drain, and dry the bacon on kitchen paper.
2. Heat up a frying pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil, sauté the bacon until niceand golden and crispy, removeto a casserole,
3. Add the chicken to the pan, adding more oil if necessary
4. Saute the chicken for a few minutes until golden, then remove from thecasserole and sauté thecarrots, onions and garlic for a minute,seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Add them to the other sauted ingredients in the casserole.
6. Deglaze the frying pan by adding the stock over a high heat anddissolving all the juices on thebottom.
7. Pour the stock into the casserole.
8. Add a sprig of thyme or rosemary or sage and put into an oven at 160cfor about 45 mins or untilcooked.
9. Strain the juices if you like (if you have not added flour at the start) andspoon any fat off the top andadd back in to the stew.
10. Sprinkle with some chopped parsley if you like.
11. Serve with mashed potatoes.

This is gorgeous and dead easy!

pheebs1, Nov 1, 12:26am
yum!
i made a chicken and bacon casserole last week
with similar ingredients but also potatoes and kumara in the crockpot and stirred in sour cream or cream after its cook and serve on rice or pasta
yum!

dollertree, Nov 1, 1:01am
Make drumstick Biryani instead of chicken pieces.

lomosie, Nov 1, 9:04am
Chicken Italiane
Chicken drums sticks 8
breadcrumbs 2 cups
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt

about 3 tblsps melted butter and 3 tblsps oil

dip chicken drums in oil/butter mixture
then roll in the breadcrumb mixture

Bake in oven 180for about 1 hour or until cooked through.
very easy and yummy, while its cooking I put scrubbed potatoes rubbed with salt and cross cut in to bake cause they take about the same amount of time to cook, and then just have a salad.