Brewer's Yeast

otterhound, Nov 5, 2:06am
I have brewer's yeast for my horse, and I like the taste of it.Have read up a bit and it seems to be beneficial to human's as well,but how do I eat it!What would I put it on/in!Any ideas please!

davidt4, Nov 5, 2:12am
When I was a child we had brewer's yeast sprinkled on porridge.

nzmu, Nov 5, 2:15am
mmmmm Brufax - grew up on the stuff, haven't had it in years. On bread with a little salt.
edited to say this is similar to brewers yeast but not the same.

elliehen, Nov 5, 3:54am
A useful website, with some ideas on use and also contraindications.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/brewers-yeast-000288.htm

auburn4, Nov 5, 9:29am
We just sprinkled the Brewers yeast onbread, very tasty.

elliehen, Nov 5, 9:38am
Mix into juice.

krispie3, Nov 5, 9:52am
Used to have it on toast with peanut butter.

figjamto, Nov 6, 1:16am
Brewers Yeast is extreamly good for you,full of B group vitamins except for B12.selinium and chromium.helps to lower cholesterol in the body, good for energy hair, skin and nails.I am not much of a vitamin taker, but out of the few I take Brewers Yeast is one.Lecithin and Zinc are the only others

lilyfield, Nov 6, 2:14am
add to all your soups and stews, over mashed potatoes on top of all your vegies and salads. so versatile, adds flavor to anything savory

irenew, Nov 6, 3:06am
I've got a lovely recipe for Tofu Burgers which has brewer's yeast in it.Yes, it has lots of health properties.Try googling recipes you can use it in.

otterhound, Nov 6, 9:05am
Thank you all!I'm liking the peanut butter and brewer's yeast on toast idea, and I think I could put it in mashed potatoes without the other half noticing/objecting.Had never thought about sprinkling it over vegies but will try that.Not too keen on mixing in a drink - I'd like to eat it and enjoy the flavour.Stews are something that'd be easy to add it to - keep that in mind for next winter.