Orange Cheesecake

griffo4, Nov 6, 8:29pm
This recipe was in last weeks Woman's Weekly and l made it up and it is so nice but next time l am going to add some dark choc chips to make it like jaffa ice cream

Orange Cheesecake
85g packet orange jelly
¾ cup boiling water
250g chocolate chip biscuits
125g melted butter
250g traditional cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
1 cup cream
1 x 216g bag of crunchie bars
Optional - handful of dark chocolate chips
Make a jelly with the boiling water and cool for 10 minutes while you prepare the base and cream cheese mix
Crush the biscuits in a food processor and combine with the melted butter
Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a loose based 21cm tin. CHILL
Into a large mixing bowl, put room temperature cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, juice and orange zest
Mash or using a stick blender, process until smooth
Add cooling jelly and some dark chocolate chips if you want
Beat cream until light and fluffy and add this to the cream cheese mixture
Fold everything together and pour half the mixture onto the crumb base
Crumble half the crunchie bars over the cheese cake then pour remaining mixture on top
Chill overnight
Crumble the rest of the crunchie bars over the top of the cheesecake just before serving
This can be stored in the fridge for days, when covered with ling film, and it freezes beautifully
If planning this as a dessert for a party, make ahead of time, wrap well again in cling film and freeze
Place in fridge the morning of the party to defrost gently
If you forget, fear not the cheesecake is quite delicious semi-frozen
Variation:- you can make a lemon cheesecake you use round wine biscuits for the base and lemon jelly and fresh lemon instead of orange

fifie, Nov 6, 9:48pm
Mmm sounds yummy! thanks for sharing nice to have something different. Made one last week with a berry cheese filling, cherry ripe bars, and jelly on top,good to make before xmas to see which one gets the go ahead on the big day lol.

fordfeet, Nov 19, 10:48pm
I made this for my teams morning tea on Friday and it was a smash hit! Changed the choc chip biscuits to the budget triple choc/fudge biscuits instead.it was soooo good.so I heard.I missed out.lol

kiwirose1, Nov 20, 1:44am
This sounds beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Will be great for Christmas

griffo4, Nov 20, 5:47am
Glad that you liked it it is always nice to have something different to make especially at xmas time
l have made this with the choc chips in the filling and it is so nice but l cut the sugar back to 1/4 cup just my choice and oh so nice
l also made the lemon one and it was eaten last night with none left of it and everyone loved that as well

litedelites, Nov 21, 2:32am
Thanks, I will add this to my recipe folder :)