Anyone got any good garlic butter recipes!

draco27, Nov 4, 1:10am
Hi guys, im making home made bread to have with tea tonight, im just wondering if anyone has any good garlic butter recipes! and how do you make it really smooth and yum!

bookshelves, Nov 4, 1:45am
Butter, garlic, herbs from garden. stick blender .or if you don't have a blender use a mortar and pestle and grind up garlic until it's like a paste and then mix in with soft butter.

davidt4, Nov 4, 3:25am
200g good quality pure butter e.g. Mainland - at room temperature
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
pepper
2 tab finely chopped parsley or tarragon

Make sure that the butter is soft.Crush the garlic and salt with a mortar and pestle until it forms a smooth sticky paste.Add to butter with the other ingredients and beat welluntil it is evenly mixed and creamy.

If you have a mini-processor you can use this to puree the garlic, then add the rest of the ingredients and whizz until smooth.

draco27, Nov 4, 4:07am
yum thanks so much guys!

samanya, Nov 4, 4:10am
I do exactly the same as davidt4 & sometimes include a small squeeze of lemon juice.

rainrain1, Nov 4, 5:24am
Same.Nice stirred through carrots too

gardie, Nov 4, 6:03am
Secret to good garlic butter is to add salt.

davidt4, Nov 4, 8:43am
What is secret about salt!

otterhound, Nov 4, 8:48am
I made garlic butter for garlic bread for the first time ever today and it was great.Ihad about 15 or so Tablespoons of semi-soft butter and 10 cloves of garlic, crushed.A wee bit of finely chopped parsley, and about 1/2 tsp salt.Was bloody lovely!I just kept adding garlic until I thought it smelt about right but was kind of concerned about the amount I'd put it, considering we had friends over for tea.However I wouldn't do anything differently next time, it was so good.

guest, Jan 11, 12:47pm
Posts like this make the inteenrt such a treasure trove

guest, Jan 13, 2:19pm
nov18mer le comble ds tt e7a c ke y a ceeanitrs personnes ki y croient, et ki mm trouvent des excuses aux hommes, ki les de9fendent, pkoi? pace k on a e9duque9 on eux cette culpibabilite9, le fait ke la femme soit la cause de tte de9che9ance et k elle pt se maeetriser, alors ke l homme nn, autant dire ke ns sommes de espe8ces diffe9rente, lui un simple animal, et ns l eatre humain, et dans ce cas, le plus sense9 serait non pas de bombarder la femmes, mais tout simplement mettre les hommes ds une cage vu k ils constituent des espe8ces dangereuses pour l humanite9, en fin bref, heureusement ke ts ls hommes ne snt pa com e7a, ceci dit, tt se fait lors de l e9ducation, et tant ke les femmes saoudites sont e9leve9es ds cette cultures, je ne croient pa k elles finiront par demander ce ki lr revient de droit LE RESPECT

guest, Jan 14, 10:13am
At last! Someone with the insight to solve the prmloeb!