Have just bought a magic muffin maker,

fathobbit, Jun 12, 7:58pm
How would a cake mix from supermarket go in the breville!,have just been gifted one .yeahhhhhhaa

elliehen, Jun 12, 9:38pm
Give it a go!I'd suggest not overfilling (maybe 3/4 up the sides) and a cooking time of 15 to 20 minutes.Check at 15 mins.They'll probably be done.

One average made-from-scratch mix usually makes 6 to 9 muffins/cup-cakes, depending on size.

fathobbit, Jun 13, 4:38am
Thanks .they were fab .enough for 6 good ones , then added fruit salad to the last 3 .sadly the kids didn't eat the fruit salad ones ,I did

nauru, Jun 13, 5:29am
You might be able to download an instruction manual online. I did this for my piemaker which came without one.

elliehen, Jun 13, 7:18am
.and if not, I'd be very happy to put up a one dollar auction of a photocopy of my recipe/instruction booklet.

korbo, Jun 13, 7:34am
didnt mean to be noisey, but in the auction it says the machine and shows the manual. was there not a recipe in there.

effcee1, Jun 13, 11:39pm
Thank you everybody i have managed to source a book. korbo i never got a book with the machine but never mind am very happy with the machine.

effcee1, Nov 1, 10:38pm
second hand off tm without a book,and was wondering if anyone can tell me of how to make a pre mix that i could add what ever i wanted, it only makes 3 at a time which i would be more than happy with. Thought i might be able to take the pre mix out of the fridge, add what ever to it and bung it into the machine, well thats a mere males thinking is this possible, would appreciate your replys, thanks in advance.

elliehen, Nov 1, 11:22pm
It's the favourite gadget in my kitchen.I make bread case savouries and other things in it too.

I have the instruction booklet and would be happy to make a photocopy of it for you if you like, at cost.Let me know and I'll put up an auction for you.

elliehen, Nov 1, 11:26pm
Here's a fridge mix from an old thread.

Bran Muffins
3 Cups Bran
1 Cup Water, boiling
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1/2 cup salad oil
1 cup raisins, currants or chopped dates
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tbls gravy browning (only used to colour muffins if cooked in microwave)

Combine bran and boiling water in a large bowl and stir thoroughly.
Stir in beaten eggs, milk, oil and fruit. Blend well.
Mix dry ingredients in batter bowl. Stir in bran mix.
Transfer to a container with a lid to store in the fridge until required.

elliehen, Nov 1, 11:27pm
Another variation.

elliehen, Nov 1, 11:32pm
One other option.A friend who runs a Bed & Breakfast buys a muffin pre-mix from Bin Inn to which you just add water and oil (I think.)

effcee1, Nov 2, 9:15pm
Thank you for that what a nice person you are but i will go down to Binn Inn and get their mix and trail that