Fudge etc how long does it last

k.b.moss, Nov 10, 10:03am
n chocolate fillings! i made one choc filling but said only lasts 3days. wat are long lasting one! thanks

buzzy110, Nov 12, 4:11am
Your question is not very clear. Fudge is mostly sugar and has been heated to a very high temperature. Therefore should have a very long shelf life imo, even though it has dairy in it. Without knowing what recipe you have used it is difficult to answer your question with any authority.

craftylady1, Nov 12, 4:14am
I imagine its not a lolly fudge, but a fudge that maybe has cream in it!

k.b.moss, Nov 15, 12:06am
sorry hard to explain. basically i'm new to making fudges/slices/chocolate making and am looking for recipes that last for 3plus months. as i've only found recepies that last a few days. i'm wanting to sell them (whole diff story) but dont want to say well eat it in a day or two etc

k.b.moss, Nov 15, 12:09am
sorri and the likes of lollie cake, carmel squares etc.

k.b.moss, Nov 15, 2:21am
sorry for so many questions, just the recepies dont state how long they last

k.b.moss, Nov 15, 9:20am
wish you could tag people lol buzzy or craftlady help me please ;)

jed, Nov 15, 10:55pm
I use this recipe and it lasts for 6 weeks in the fridge if you don't eat it that is.It is Jo Seagar's Fudge Recipe and is awesome.We don't use the thermometer, just boil for the 6 mins or so.

2 x 400 g cans sweetened condensed milk 2 cups firmly packed soft brown sugar 250 g butter 100 ml liquid glucose syrup 3 tbsp golden syrup 400 g white (or milk or dark) chocolate, chopped 1 tsp vanilla Spray and line with non-stick baking paper, a 20 x 30 cm, quite deep (at least 4 cm) tin Place all ingredients, except the chocolate and vanilla, in a large heavy based saucepan stir over medium heat until the butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to boil and boil gently until it becomes very thick and changes colour to a dark caramel brown paper shade – about 6 minutes, to the soft ball stage, 116°C on a sugar thermometer. Stir often to prevent catching on the bottom Remove from heat and stand until the bubbles subside. Stir in the chocolate and vanilla until melted and smooth. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Cool to room temperature (about 3 hours) then refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks