Can you tell me about cake pops!

gregg74, Nov 11, 6:41am
As far as I can tell it is cake batter made into balls, cooked, with a stick then decorated - is that right!

cookessentials, Nov 11, 6:44am
Pretty much.
http://www.google.co.nz/search!q=images+of+cake+pops&hl=en&rlz=1W1ADFA_enNZ452&biw=1366&bih=540&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=JMS8TvjRGqPjmAXwxeCQBA&sqi=2&ved=0CB0QsAQThere are a number of cake pops bookswhich are popular. They can be simple or quite ornate, like mini cakes.

gregg74, Nov 11, 6:51am
Thanks - great selection there!Does anyone have a NZ recipe/simple directions/cooking time please!

babytears, Nov 11, 7:29am
No. it's cake (already cooked), break off bits and then roll into a ball, put on a (lollipop) stick and then dip into chocolate (partway up the stick)

cookessentials, Nov 11, 7:30am
I would suggest a cake pop book which comes with recipes and decorating ideas.

babytears, Nov 11, 7:35am
Yes I would recommend a book too. but what you're after is a dense moist cake, such as devils foodcake. there are loads of decorating ideas on the net

gregg74, Nov 11, 8:11am
LOL right makes way more sense to use cake already made - hmm am thinking they are far more difficult than first thought may go back to the drawing board and go with cupcakes instead.

sue1955, Nov 11, 10:39pm
Go onto Youtube & type in Cake Pops. There's lots of ideas there.

wildflower, Nov 12, 2:12am
Latest Foodtown mag has a recipe and details on them.

sikofstuf, Nov 12, 4:43am
just google Bakerella- she's the cake pop queen- she has a blog with everything you need to know on it! :-)

luvmykicks, Nov 12, 5:06am
basic choc cake, day old, food processor into crumbs and mix with 3 tablespoons of cream cheese icing, roll into balls, chill in fridge, dip end or your lollipop stick in candy melts or melted choc, stab in your cake ball and re chill until firm. Decorate, dah dah!