parsondian, Nov 9, 6:10am
How do you make it!

pam.delilah, Nov 9, 6:40am
butter cream icing
1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
4 cups icing sugar (sifted)
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 Tbsp milk

Cream your softened butter in the mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add the sifted icing sugar in one cup at a time. Make sure you scape down the sides as you go to make sure everything is evenly combined. Add milk then beat until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth when not using.

This buttercream can be keep for up to a week in the refrigerator in an airtight container. To use after refrigerating let the icing return to room temperature and rewhip

k.b.moss, Nov 10, 10:00am
sorri just curious wat does the milk do! i add 2 tablespoons of water. does it make much of a difference!

kernal1, Nov 11, 2:38am
Love the look of them! Did you make icing as above thread suggests and what flavours are available! Cheers

craftylady1, Nov 11, 3:07am
Yes.i used the berry, pink flavoured Chelsea Icing.there is also lemon but havent tried that yet. But for my next lot of ccs i want to make a softer, creasmy icing like # 2 post has posted

pam.delilah, Nov 11, 4:58am
the milk is there to thin it down if need and makes it more spreadable , Could add water. Not to much small amount at a time ( may not need it all) until you reach the idea consistency

pam.delilah, Nov 11, 5:00am
go to this site
http://www.wilton.com/cupcakes/
for great cupcake recipes, icings and decorating ideas. Great Christmas ones

shop-a-holic, Nov 11, 5:15am
Royal Icing

350gms Icing Sugar
2 Egg Whites

Beat at high speed for 5 mins. Stop machine and add the juice of one lemon. Beat on high for a further 2 mins.

Can be used for cupcakes, roof insulation, tiles and walls for Gingerbread Houses; whole cakes and creating Easter Eggs.

litedelites, Nov 11, 8:19am
I make a banana cupcake and for this I use a cream cheese icing and is Ok to freeze

litedelites, Nov 11, 8:21am
craftlady - they look fabtastic

k.b.moss, Nov 12, 7:40am
does anyone know the difference :)

firemansgirl, Nov 12, 10:59pm
Litedelites do you have a recipe for banana cupcakes you could share! I had made some ages ago but they were more like a muffin/banana bread texture. Tastes nice but so NOT what I was after.

sarahb5, Nov 12, 11:00pm
How do you get it looking so fluffy!

lisa7, Nov 12, 11:29pm
You beat the bejeebers out of it!