Rhubarb and Bannana Jam recipe please

annies3, Oct 31, 6:32am
I have looked through the old threads and although there is mention of this jam there is no recipe, could anyone help me with this please as we don't have an Aunt Daisy recipe book, thanks very much.

margyr, Oct 31, 7:23am
hi, if you google, rhubarb and banana jam recipe, there are quite a few.

jessie981, Oct 31, 7:54am
My Aunt Daisy book only hasRhubarb & Raspberry Jam.
Do you want this!

elliehen, Oct 31, 10:50am
RHUBARB & BANANA JAM (AUNT DAISY)
1 lb rhubarb
1 lb sugar
Cut up rhubarb and put with sugar overnight.Boil till soft.Then add 2 or 3 bananas to each 1lb of rhubarb.Mash bananas or cut finely.Bring back to boil, boil 3 to 5 minutes and bottle.

elliehen, Oct 31, 10:56am
The old book I'm reading from also has:
Rhubarb & Dried Fig Jam
Rhubarb & Fig Conserve
Rhubarb & GInger Jam
Rhubarb & Lemon Jam
Rhubarb & Orange Jam
Rhubarb & Raspberry Jam
Rhubarb & Pineapple Jam
Rhubarb & Strawberry Jam
.if anyone wants any of those.

Aunt Daisy certainly knew her jams.This very old book also has many varieties of Tomato Jam, Water Melon Jam, Tree Tomato (Tamarillo) Jam, Rose Hip Syrup, Rose Petal Jelly, Mock Raspberry Jam, Mulberry Jam etc

annies3, Nov 1, 2:30am
Thanks very much elliehen

wildflower, Nov 1, 2:43am
Wow, never heard of rhubarb jam, sounds good as I never use mine enough, it would be a good way if it keeps like normal jam.

annies3, Nov 1, 6:26am
Im thinking the same, we have heaps of really nice rhubarb and I freeze it and stew it but have never made the jam up, I was asked to do this by a work mate of my husband he apparently loves it, so I hope its up to scratch for him, I often test recipes on him to see if he thinks they are any good, I do a bit of experimenting and its good to have a guinea pig, so I think hes getting a bit of his own back. lol

cgvl, Nov 1, 8:15am
the rhubarb and banana is nice jam. a little different at first.
Have also made the rhubarb and ginger one using crystalised ginger.
Might have to dig out my Aunt Daisy book again as have oodles of rhubarb going to waste once again.