Russian fudge

tammiraven, Oct 31, 2:27am
. Im doing something wrong . I keep trying this and it turns out grainy

chatsmom, Oct 31, 2:30am
You cannot cook it in a hot humid day like today. Try later in the late afternoon/evening.
Also, you need to fully melt the sugar before you start to boil the mixture - if you don't do this, it goes grainy. It will take 5-10 mins to melt so be patient and test- the mixture will taste smooth.

supercook, Oct 31, 7:43am
Foodlover website has good recipe Mary's russian fudge always comes out really nice.

greerg, Oct 31, 8:05am
And don't stir it more than absolutely necessary to stop it sticking once you have boiling.

duckmoon, Oct 31, 8:48am
When you dissolve the sugar in the milk. WAIT, until the liquid is almost transparent, if you add the other ingredients when it is only just liquid ( and not transparent ), it will be grainy

tammiraven, Oct 31, 9:50am
thankyou for all your guys tips .

whiskey13, Nov 5, 8:36am
This recipe was on trademe a wee while ago. I've NEVER made fudge before ( always to afraid of failing ) this was the first one i tried and it is the ONLY one i will ever make. Sorry to the original post whom i cant remember

CREAMY, NO-BEAT FUDGE
Bring to boil on medium heat stirring ALL the time:
1 cup brown sugar
125 gm butter (room temp so you're not starting from rock hard)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon golden syrup
Simmer on low for ten minutes, stirring ALL the time all around the pot to prevent little brown bits forming
Remove from heat and quickly stir in till melted 100 gms Whittaker's white chocolate
Pour into 20 cm square tin lined with baking paper
Do not cut until completely cold, for neat edges (the chocolate needs time to set)