Gingerbread house

jumbo246, Oct 30, 7:01am
hi there, does anyone have any suggestions/ideas or recipes on how to make a gingerbread house!i have never made one before, but would like to try!

thank you

lilyfield, Oct 30, 7:20am
google it. There are lovely photos- recipes and templates on line also instructions for assembly and videos

gardie, Oct 30, 4:52pm
I saw a kit in a Christmas Heirloom Shop.

pickles7, Oct 30, 6:40pm
The Warehouse, sells them as well.

chicco2, Oct 30, 8:26pm
x1
There is a mould for one in the latest Avon Brochure.

catlover28, Oct 30, 8:52pm
Parting with $30. It would be too good to eat but it sure looks great.

kinna54, Oct 31, 3:21am
The birthday cake book has one in it. (all you need is the time, takes a while to assemble)The kits are a bit flavourless,andfor $30 you could order one from pak'n'save.

shop-a-holic, Oct 31, 6:18am
In my experience, please steer clear of pre-made house walls or kits. They simply do not stand the test of humid-summer-condition times in our climate.
Take a little time to visit this site, you'll probably need to read a bit first; but is very rewarding:
http://www.gingerbread-house-heaven.com/

cookessentials, Oct 31, 6:41am
Pre-made take all the fun out of doing one yourself. They are not difficult to make. The AWW has a recipe and a template which I had used for years. We have just done a gingerbread house workshop and are due to do another one on 17th.it was fun and everyone that made one was so thrilled with their efforts.

kaylfrazer, Oct 31, 7:31am
Don't glue the walls together with toffee and then try to transport it in a hot car.

elliehen, Oct 31, 9:05am
Watch tomorrow night's Masterchef!The challenge for the two girls is to make a Gingerbread House.

meegs35, Nov 1, 4:58am
I made these for my boys to decorate last Xmas but this year I'll make one for myself too as it was so much fun. The problem I had was that they went soft really quickly so I need to figure out how to store them so they stay crisp. I used royal icing for my 'glue' and got the template online.although it made huge houses!

caro25, Nov 1, 5:02am
we made 20 of these last year i just made the shewberry recipie in the edmonds book and added gingerand royal icing to fix everything together

badams1, Nov 1, 6:25am
caro, your onto it. i made one two years ago, for a christmas eve supper. didnt it go down a treat. royal icing cant achieve in one night ive tried it. i used a wee tea light candle to light it up. priceless, frustrating but the joy it brought.