So what ya cooking for christmas!

timetable, Oct 26, 5:58am
be interesting to hear others idea's. blessings in advance!

lythande1, Oct 26, 6:27am
Nothing, whatever meal I think of on the day. can't see the point in huge meals of stuff no-one really wants to eat but does cause it's family.

weezil, Oct 26, 6:35am
me too.probably salad new spuds and carrots and we have a ham in the freezer.friut and pav

bisloy, Oct 26, 6:41am
Cake! Yummy, love xmas cake!

kuaka, Oct 26, 9:00am
Probably fresh battered snapper and chips if we manage to get out fishing

elliehen, Oct 26, 9:04am
timetable, I seem to remember that last year you were so organised that you had everything ready, including gifts by about this time :)

aktow, Oct 26, 10:08am
last year imade a big lunch of 4 hot stews,, threemeat items,, 2 roasts, 6 different salads,, big sliced meat selection and cheese board,lots of seafood,,to many items to write down,
it was a waste of timebecause the kids were not hungry and my familyjust picked at the food,, i would say that over %90 of the food was not eaten.

this year i am going to have a selection of fancy bread withmeats,, i will cut up tomatoes and other salad stuff and people can make there on rolls.i will have a roast chicken,, lots ofcurried eggs, a hot ham and some seafood. maybe one salad and two desserts,, that it.
if my brothers kids do not want to come to lunch i might just go to kfc.

gardie, Oct 26, 5:34pm
This year,we are having an early Christmas to share with our family from Australia whom we haven't had Christmas with for about 18 years!Will consist of ham, chicken, lamb, potatoes, beans, baby beets, baby carrots, salad (all hopefully from the garden).Then meallie pudding and swede to go with it.
Dessert - Pavlova, trifle, bailey's cheesecake and christmas pudding - I'm making very small ones this year as no one eats much - just want a taste of each basically.Apart from the Christmas cake and the ham in the freezer, nothing else is organised at all.I usually cook the meats in advance, slice them and cover in gravy and then reheat on the day.As much as I love Christmas, I don't look forward to the food prep but then, I wouldn't want to not have the food either - catch 22!

korbo, Oct 26, 6:52pm
what is meallie pudding, and how is the swede served!

nzl99, Oct 26, 6:54pm
Everyone elses bloody breakfasts and lunches! *ahem*Will be working all but Christmas Day and I think by then I will not be cookering anything, for anyone.

Might make a giant beef roast (for hot sammies)and a fancy pav as I did last weekend.SOoooo easy.

elliehen, Oct 26, 10:21pm
A work of art!

margyr, Oct 26, 10:30pm
I have a bottle of baileys that was given to me last christmas so I am going to make several desserts with it, cheese cake, tiramasu, truffles, and whatever else I think of. Also am thinking of doing the french stick and rolls with loads of toppings rather than a big meal.

badams1, Oct 26, 11:16pm
i would appreciate the baileys cheese cake recipe .A traditional meal for us, my kids altho grown up look for it. if im lucky enough to get baileys recipe, guess what they will have.cheers.

margyr, Oct 27, 6:04pm
hi badams1 I will just use one of the cheese cake recipes on here and add baileys to taste.

nzl99, Oct 27, 6:54pm
Everyone elses bloody breakfasts and lunches! *ahem*Will be working all but Christmas Day and I think by then I will not be cookering anything, for anyone.

Might make a giant beef roast (for hot sammies)and a fancy pav as I did last weekend.Lazy lazy lazy. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php!fbid=2584531972347&l=04e0c57ac2That's the pav.

pickles7, Oct 27, 8:29pm
We had a, "sea food" Christmas, about 20 years ago, we may re-visit that.

margyr, Oct 28, 2:54am
I just bumped the thread with the recipe I am going to use, dont know how to put links, but just on the left is a box in the keyword or member type irish cream, and then in the date posted click on the arrow on the right and then last year.