Chocolate yoghurt cake:

porsche9, Oct 26, 3:50am
I love the taste of this particular cake, but it always sinks in the middle, what would be the reason for this:
the recipe is;- 1 cup fresh ''n fruity liteyoghurt, 125gbutter melted and cooled, 1 cup caster sugar, 1 large egg, 1tspvanilla essence, 1 and a quarter cups self-raising flour, half a cup cocoa powder and 1 tsp baking soda.

mazzy1, Oct 26, 5:06am
Well I'm no baker - that's for damn sure! This recipe is from evorotorua and even I can make it perfectly every time. Give that a try, perhaps! It always comes out perfectly.

*Banana Chocolate Yogurt Cake
2 cups sugar
200g butter
3 cups self raising flour
2 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup boiling water
1 cup plain yogurt
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
2 mashed bananas
½ cup cocoa
¼ tsp salt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Turn mixture in to medium roasting dish and bake at 180C for an hour. That’s it. Note, I pour the boiling water over the butter/marg to melt it. You don’t have to use plain yogurt. I have used fruit flavoured and it is lovely. I have also left out the cocoa altogether and not replaced it with anything. Bananas can be replaced with other soft fruit. So there you go. Very versatile. It will work fine in two smaller cake tins or even as muffins.* In my oven it took an hour and 10 minutes.*

Good luck!

porsche9, Oct 26, 7:47am
Thank you Mazzy1, i shall give it a go, it looks really nice and delicious.

samsnan, Oct 27, 3:37am
Definitley try evorotorua recipe I made it a few weeks ago and it comes out lovely. It will make either 2 ring tins or a roasting dish. I found the roasting dish didnt make it even but it still tasted good. You dont need to use plain yoghurt I had some fresh and fruity in the fridge and used that. Makes a very light texture cake. I am not a fan of oil in cakes apart from Carrot cake.